"I feel like the doors are
wide open for me now."
The Computer Information Technology (CIT) accelerated degree-completion program blends a combination of traditional classroom instruction and project-based activities. This computer degree program is a Bachelor of Science degree that focuses on the key IT components of networking, hardware, database technologies, web technologies, and programming. The development of these competencies prepares our students to successfully solve business problems using the latest technologies available. The program also includes a capstone project in which students work to solve a real business problem in a local company. Come and enjoy one of the best learning experiences Nashville has to offer in the area of IT!
Length: 19 months
We'll take care of the rest. Once everything is in order, we'll extend to you a formal invitation to join our program!
- Complete application.
- Complete FAFSA or appropriate reimbursement or payment plan agreements.
- Have earned a grade point average of 2.0 for all academic work completed.
- Have successfully completed a minimum of 40 hours of semester credit from an accredited institution.
- All students are expected to have some proficiency with computer technology. Reliable access to technology will be required through the program.
- Each student is responsible for supplying their own laptop meeting the minimum hardware and software requirements.
- Each student is expected to have their laptop available at each class session unless instructed otherwise by the course instructor.
- Each student is expected to setup and maintain their laptop to be connected to the Trevecca wireless network.
- The following are the minimum hardware/software requirements.
Laptop computer with the following hardware levels:
- Processor: i5 2 core (4 core preferred) processor 2.0 GHz or greater
- LCD: 15 inch or greater
- Memory: 6GB or more of RAM
- Hard Drive: 80 GB or more of free disk space
- Other drives: DVD+/- RW
- Wireless network adapter
- Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 with current service patches OR
- Mac 10.7.7 (or later) with VMware Fusion 5.0* and a Windows 7 or 8 OS environment.
* Student is responsible for purchasing VMware Fusion and Windows OS if using Mac OS.
Some required software is provided by the University or is available as a free trial
- Oracle database
- Visual Studio
- Various MS products
Required software supplied by student
- Current OS security patches and fixes
- Current Virus Scanning Software
- MS Office (2010 or later)
- VMware Fusion 5.0 if the student is using MacOS
- Adobe CS Suite Subscription during the Graphic Design and Web Design courses.*
*Adobe offers monthly subscription of their products (Photo Shop, Illustrator, …).