To enhance the learning experience, the HIT program offers your access to a virtual learning lab where you will utilize medical simulations thus promoting the use of hands on applications that are applied within the healthcare profession. This accelerated bachelors program also includes a practicum in which you will acquire real-world experience in a health IT environment at a local company. One of the best learning experiences in health IT is now available to you right here in Nashville, at Trevecca. Don’t miss out on a rewarding opportunity.
The Health Information Technology (HIT) accelerated degree-completion program is a Bachelor of Science degree that focuses on essential components of health informatics. You will be exposed to various topics which includes, but is not limited to, healthcare ethics, medical terminology, electronic medical records, healthcare and project management, data integrity and security, and health information system implementations. These key areas of study prepare you to implement information technology solutions successfully within healthcare settings.
|Tuition||Credits||Program Cost||Details||Extra Info|
Length: 15 months
We'll take care of the rest. Once everything is in order, we'll extend to you a formal invitation to join our program!
- Age 23 or above OR age 21 with an associate's degree OR age 21 with significant work experience
- Prior completion of at least 40 semester hours of college credit
- Must be from a regionally accredited institution
- 30 hours must be in general education
- Additional hours can be earned in accelerated online classes.
- An overall grade point average of at least 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Demonstration of computer literacy