The Ed.D. in Leadership and Professional Practice is a non-traditional doctoral program designed for professionals in various fields such as medicine, religion, business, non-profit, and education. The program extends for seven semesters over 28 months. A major scientifically based research dissertation is completed in concert with the coursework. The program is designed utilizing a cohort model and a rigorous, standardized curriculum. A two weekend, on-campus residency period is required during the two summers of the candidate's program. The instructional delivery system includes extended time beyond actual class meetings for reflections, lectures, group work, technology, presentations, and research reports. This is not a licensure program.
Ed.D. program details
- 57 semester hours of credit
- Completion in seven semesters
- Offered in multiple formats
- Courses and competencies
- Prior completion of a master's degree from a regionally accredited educational institution
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.4 (on a 4.0 scale) from prior graduate work
- International students only: TOEFL scores (550 paper version; 213 computer version)
- Complete the online application.
- Submit two copies of official transcripts for all graduate level coursework with a minimum GPA of 3.4. Transcripts marked "Issued to Student" are not recognized as official transcripts. Official transcripts must be mailed directly from the university granting the degrees.
- Submit scores from one of the following exams:
- International Students only: TOEFL scores
- Submit two recommendations (using the template below) from individuals who have been in a position to evaluate your abilities as well as your capacity to complete a doctorate.
- Submit a resume or professional vita.
- Complete a successful interview and writing experience
Questions? Contact Katie Davis today! Kdavis@trevecca.edu or 615-248-1553
Submit all requested material to:
Trevecca Nazarene University
333 Murfreesboro Road
Nashville, TN 37210