Do you want to be a teacher? If you have completed a baccalaureate degree, we offer a master's degree in teaching:
- Elementary K-6
- Secondary 7 - 12
Since the majority of our students are career changers, depending on the number enrolled and schedule design, courses are offered on Saturdays, weekdays, or a combination of both during summer months.
You might find yourself on a Transition License and want quality coursework to become an effective teacher. While you are teaching full time in the classroom, you will attend class and learn techniques and strategies you can immediately use in your teaching. Transition License students are required to complete an entire year of successful teaching in the classroom under the supervision of a school mentor and a university mentor.
Contact us today to learn more about our master's degree leading to a teaching credential. Email us at email@example.com, call us at 615.248.1553, or fill out an application.
- Submit two (2) copies of official transcripts with GPA. Transcripts marked "Issued to Student" are not recognized as official transcripts. Official transcripts must be mailed directly from the university granting the degree.
Attn: Lewis Bridges
Trevecca Nazarene University
College of Lifelong Learning
333 Murfreesboro Road
Nashville, TN 37210
- Submit evidence of passing scores from the following required exams:
- Miller Analogy Test (MAT) OR
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- Submit cumulative GPA.
- Submit a record of immunizations to the Health Clinic. Click here for information.
- Submit three references.
- Complete successful interview and writing sample at interview.
- Complete successful Background Check.