Ed.S. program details
The Education Specialist (Ed.S.) degree in Turnaround School Leadership is a 30-semester-hour program designed for educators working in schools and districts diligently attempting to close achievement gaps and improve student achievement in underperforming schools or subject areas. Our Ed.S. is a non-traditional, non-licensure program designed to accommodate working adults who have a master's degree in education.
- Credit hours: 30
- 4 semesters to completion
- Weekend-based courses
- Once completing the Turnaround School Leadership (EdS) program, candidates have the option to continue on to complete the last 27 hours of the non-traditional (non-licensure) Leadership and Professional Practice (EdD) doctoral program.
All applicants must meet the following general requirements for admission into the Ed.S. Program:
- Completed online application
- Three references (names and contact information)
- Evidence of a master's degree in education from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) on all credit earned. Submit two copies of official transcripts; transcripts marked "Issued to Student" are not recognized as official transcripts. Official transcripts must be mailed directly from the college or university granting the master's degree to:
Trevecca Nazarene University
College of Lifelong Learning
333 Murfreesboro Road
Nashville, TN 37210
- Evidence of passing score on required exams: minimum score of 378 on Miller Analogies Test or 290 on Graduate Record Examination (verbal and quantitative combined)
- Record of immunizations submitted to the Health Clinic
- A successful interview
- Background check and fingerprinting are required if applicant is not currently working in a school system
- Applicants must have access to a school for field experience.
- Teaching experience: must have two years of successful teaching experience at time of admission
Questions: Katie Davis, 615-248-1553, email@example.com