Why Study at Trevecca? Here's What Makes us Different...
Academic Rigor in a Nurturing Christian Environment. We strive to provide excellence in education while promoting and modeling true Christian values and incorporating the Christian perspective in the discussion of current issues in science.
Small Student to Faculty Ratio. The small student to faculty ratio allows the professors to establish personal relationships by working closely with students in both the laboratory and the classroom.
Faculty with Diverse Backgrounds and Experience. Our teaching faculty members hold doctorate degrees and have diverse cultural, academic and professional backgrounds.
Research Opportunities. Biology major students have the opportunity to do research on campus during the semester and pursue summer internships at other universities. Our newly renovated facilities with state-of-the-art equipment and collaborations with other local institutions allow us to provide our students with a solid foundation and experiences useful in the pursuit of research careers.
Service Opportunities. At Trevecca, students have a wide range of opportunities to use their scientific knowledge to give to those in need while acquiring valuable experience. Opportunities within our department include:
- Medical Mission Trips. Past trips include medical and outreach missions to Haiti . For more information, click here.
- Community education and outreach at the Trevecca Urban Farm in conjunction with the Social Justice Program.
- Service projects with the TNU Sigma Zeta National Science and Mathematics Honor Society. Service projects include science outreach and education for refugees in the Nashville Area.
Career Opportunities in Biology
An undergraduate Biology degree prepares you to pursue careers in the following major fields:
- Biomedical Research
- Research Assistant/Lab Technician
- Master of Clinical Investigation
- Master of Scientific Management
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Biotechnology/Venture Capitalist
- Primary and Secondary
- Higher education
- Community-based programs
- Environmental Management and Conservation
- Forensic Science
- Medical Doctor
- Physician Assistant
- Veterinary Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Medical Technology
When combined with other disciplines, a Biology degree allows you to pursue careers in areas such as:
- Politics and Policy
- Business and Industry
- Science Writing and Communication
- Art/Medical Illustration
For more information on career opportunities in Biology, click here.