Ed.D. Graduation Requirements
To be eligible for graduation from the doctoral program, students must:
- Submit a graduation application and fee by the required date;
- Be admitted to candidate upon completion of 18 semester hours - to be admitted to candidacy for the doctoral degree, the student must have successfully completed the first 18 semester hours of the program, have an unconditional approval of the dissertation proposal, and be recommended by the dean after faculty review of candidate's file including dispositions and class attendance. The candidacy forms are provided by the Office of the School of Education;
- Complete all requirements of the curricula;
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or better;
- Repeat courses with grades of C;
- Make up dissertation hours with a grade of U;
- Complete successfully a symposium presentation; and
- Satisfy all financial obligations to the University.
To participate in commencement, Ed.D. students must complete ALL requirements. Full payment for binding of all dissertations ordered must be paid by April 25 in order to participate in commencement.