Are you currently a teacher with a career goal of being a school or district administrator? Are you ready to be a leader in curriculum design, a leader in using data to improve student learning, and a role model for students and teachers? The M.Ed. in Educational Leadership prepares current teachers who have at least three successful years of teaching experience and want to become principals, assistant principals, or district level leaders. The goal is to prepare strong instructional leaders with the knowledge and skills to effectively work with teachers, to provide instructional leadership, and manage schools effectively.
Completion of this program should enable graduates to:
- Model leadership styles appropriate to the context/situation;
- Evaluate and develop instructional programs so all students learn;
- Model and evaluate effective instructional strategies;
- Model the integration of technology for effective instruction and management;
- Use research and analyze data for school improvement;
- Understand legal, ethical, and political issues in education;
- Value diversity to enhance student learning and school culture; and
- Develop a school culture and climate to enhance teacher effectiveness and student learning.