Do you want to learn best practices for teaching individuals whose first language is not English? Do you want to learn skills that will enable you to be a more effective teacher in today's diverse classrooms? The M.Ed. in English Language Learners provides current teachers with knowledge and skills to work effectively with students for whom English is not their first language. Emphasis is on practical means to improve student learning.
Completion of this program should enable graduates to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in language acquisition;
- Understand legal and ethical issues;
- Use instructional models based on current research;
- Design and implement curriculum for individuals who are learning English as an additional language; and
- Integrate technology to assist student learning.