Christian Ministry Online (CMO)
Earn your Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Ministry
- Tuition: $391/credit hour
- Total Tuition Cost: $11,730 (plus books)
- Credit Hours: 30 credit hours
- Technology Fee: $50 per course
- Course Descriptions
- Next start date: August 11, 2014
Bachelor of Arts in Christian Ministry Overview
Trevecca’s bachelor of arts degree in Christian Ministry is a fully online program providing adult students the opportunity to complete a college degree in a schedule and format particularly designed to meet their unique needs.
The curriculum’s major emphasis is to prepare persons for various areas of Christian service by developing:
- a holistic mindset
- a missional vision
- servant-leadership skills
- ministry competence
Special attention is given to helping individuals adapt their study to their personal calling and where it fits into the world where ministry takes place. Faculty members are well-equipped and eager to help you develop strong competencies for ministry success and for making positive contribution in your profession and to society.
Trevecca Nazarene University's CMO Degree is for you!
Professionals need ministry training that fits into their busy schedules. This online bachelor’s degree equips leaders through the discovery, evaluation, and application, of ministry models designed to transform the organizations they serve. Each course is built on tried-and-true principles that explore current trends in ministry for laypersons, ministers, and employees of nonprofit or community–based organizations unable to leave their jobs to go to a university.
- Accelerated degree program
- Designed for working adults with some college experience
- 10, six-week classes
- Relational cohort design
- Credit may be earned for learning received outside of the college classroom
How to Apply to the Bachelor of Arts in Christian Ministry
ADMISSIONS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
To be admitted to the BA in Christian Ministry program a student must:
- Submit an application for admission.
- Submit one official transcript sent directly from all regionally accredited intuitions that you have attended (if applicable).
- Have earned a grade point average of 2.0 for all academic work completed.
- Attain the minimum age of 23, OR minimum age of 21 with an associate's degree, OR minimum age of 21 with significant work experience.
- Have prior (transfer) credit of a college English course (grade "C" or higher), OR CLEP test, OR pass a writing skills assessment.
- Complete an interview with an academic advisor, if applicable.
- Have moral character consistent with attendance at a Christian university.
- Possess the ability and discipline necessary to pursue rigorous college-level studies.
An admissions advisor will assist students with the development of a written pre-admission educational plan to complete their degree.
NOTE: All students are expected to have some proficiency with computer technology.
Complete the application
Complete the online application.
Send in your transcripts
Request official transcripts from each college attended.
- Schedule an academic advising appointment
- You're done!
- Introduction to Christian Ministry
- Biblical Literature & Interpretation
- Introduction to Christian Theology
- Personal & Spiritual Development
- Christian Education
- Compassionate Ministries
- Shepherding in the Congregation
- Leadership in the Christian Organization
- Christian Ministry Capstone Course
Completion of this Program Should Enable Graduates to:
- Construct a personal philosophy for ministry that is consistent with Scripture and recognized leadership principles.
- Apply practical principles and strategies for effective ministry.
- Value the need for theological reflection as an aspect of ministry.
- Recognize pastoral care that effectively ministers to body of Christ.
- Construct culturally relevant worship as a celebration of faith.
- Interpret the disciplines of the Christian faith for personal and ministerial growth.
- Define the meaning and significance of Biblical authority for theological reflection and Christian practice.
- Identify and frame key elements of intellectual thought for ministry.
Graduates will have successfully completed the CMO curriculum, maintained a GPA of 2.0 or higher along with 90 additional credit hours, 30 of which must be in general education.