Academic honesty is expected of all students at Trevecca Nazarene University. It is an integral part of the educational process where learning takes place in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect. Each student is responsible to maintain high standards of academic ethics, personal honesty, and moral integrity. Dishonest academic behavior will be dealt with fairly and firmly.
The following types of infractions may result in course failure and/or program termination;
- Plagiarism, using another's statements or thoughts without giving the source appropriate credit.
- Cheating on an exam.
- Unauthorized multiple submissions of the same paper or major parts of a paper for another assignment.
- Submitting a borrowed or purchased paper for course credit.
- Defacing or unauthorized removal of course materials either from the classroom or library.
- Signing the roll for someone who is not present in class.
- Falsifying documentation including logs, reading lists and other self-reported items.
Students in the Graduate Counseling Program are required to do all research papers in American Psychological Association (APA) format. The link below will direct you to an APA tutorial, which will help you learn how to apply some basic rules of APA style. http://www.apastyle.org/learn/tutorials/basics-tutorial.aspx
This tutorial does not replace the need to purchase the APA manual. The Graduate Counseling Program recommends that all students secure a copy of the most recent APA manual.
An unexcused absence from a class session results in a penalty of one letter grade; two absences from a six session course or four absences from a twelve session course result in disenrollment from the course. When absent, the student is responsible for notifying the instructor and making up the work according to the instructor's directions. The absence form below must be submitted in writing to the director of the Graduate Counseling Program, who will decide if the absence is unexcused or excused. The form is required for any absence.
Class Absence Form