Site Approval Process
Sites must meet the following criteria to be approved:
- The site has agreed to accept a student for the number of hours required by your course- either practicum or internship.
- The site supervisor meets the minimum qualifications: at least a master’s level degree in a clinical mental health field (i.e.; LPC, LMFT, LCSW), and a minimum of two years in professional clinical counseling experience. A professional license is preferable, but not required. It is preferred that MFTs be supervised by an LMFT, but not required.
- The site has completed the TNU Graduate Counseling Program’s “Site Information Form” and it is on electronic file with the Clinical Coordinator.
- The site supervisor has submitted a current professional resume/vita to the Clinical Coordinator.
- The site will allow the student to video or audio tape direct service work with clients
- The site supervisor has knowledge of the program’s expectations, requirements and evaluation procedures for students.
- The site supervisor agrees to maintain relevant training in counseling supervision offered by the Trevecca Graduate Counseling Program or other resources.
- The site has a private confidential space for the student to provide counseling services.
The approval process is the responsibility of the Clinical Coordinator. If your site is not approved, please indicate that on your Site Summary and the CC will contact the site supervisor to determine eligibility and initiate the site approval process.