MOL Independent School Leadership
Degree Program Overview
Trevecca’s Master of Organizational Leadership for Independent School Leaders is an interdisciplinary degree designed for professionals working in private, independent schools. The program is applicable to fundraising/advancement staff, enrollment/admissions staff, business/finance staff, coaches, division heads, or associate and assistant heads. Learners will apply principles of leadership and service to real-world situations. Learners in this master’s degree will examine the art and skill of strategic decision making and problem solving within the political and cultural context of the independent school organization. Working in a cohort group as well as smaller collaborative learning teams will provide learners the opportunity to utilize technology to test team building and communication skills, a dynamic that mirrors today’s real-world meetings, conferences, and project management scenarios.
How to Apply to the MOL Independent School Leadership Program
- Prior completion of a bachelor's degree
- An overall grade point average of at least 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Complete the online application.
- Request official transcripts from each college attended.
- Submit a professional resume.
Submit a 500-600 word Statement of Purpose addressing the following topics:
- A personal statement on why you wish to participate in the MOL Independent School Minor program
- Your current philosophy of leadership
- Your relevant academic and professional experience
- Your future career or life goals
The five-paragraph essay is to be formatted in APA style and should reflect your best writing. For help in writing the essay, see Statementofpurpose.com. Your paper will be graded on a 5-point scale, and you must receive a minimum 3.5 to meet the benchmark.
All supporting documents can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Trevecca Nazarene University
College of Lifelong Learning
333 Murfreesboro Pike
Nashville, TN 37210
Graduates will have successfully completed the MOL-ISL curriculum, maintained a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and successfully completed the capstone course.