Trevecca Around the Globe
International Mission Trip Application
Agreements Indicated by your Application
By applying to Trevecca Around the Globe (TAG), you are agreeing to the following:
- Representing well the stances of the Church of the Nazarene, Trevecca Nazarene University, and most importantly, the Lord Jesus Christ. Your behavior, relationships, and attitudes toward authority will leave lasting impressions on those around you. TAG members are expected to demonstrate maturity in working within Christian community even when they disagree. By applying to this program, you agree to exercise integrity in following any special rules given in training, by sponsors or by church authorities within your host country.
- You will attend all mandatory training sessions and will be encouraged to attend all team social gatherings and fundraising events.
- Being a team player. You will be placed on a team with other students who are different from you. In addition, there will be others from the location who will join your team in ministry. It will be very important that you not try to be a lone ranger and that you demonstrate commitment to the various individuals on the team as well as to the team itself.
- Not dating within the team or the host community. In order to promote community, new exclusive relationships between team members will need to be postponed till after the trip. Even the appearance of a relationship or flirtatious behavior will not be tolerated. (For Immerse/Submerge Only: People in existing relationships will not be assigned to the same team for the summer and will need to be very conscious of the effect their relationship has on training camp dynamics.)
- Maintaining a relationship with Jesus and with his people. Your own spiritual health and practices are vital to your ministry. You will be expected to be faithful in personal and team prayer and in corporate worship.
Failure to uphold any of these agreements will constitute sufficient reason to prevent you from going on the trip or send you home from your experience at your (or your parent’s) expense.
- Applications must be received by the application deadline-October 19th. Applications made after this deadline will be considered only if there are available positions still remaining.
- Encounter "Creative Access", Immerse, and Submerge applicants will need to pick up from the School of Religion Office a Confidential Assessment Packet which needs to also be submitted before the October 19th deadline.
- Applications will be considered by the TAG Selection Committee made up of several people from various departments on campus.
- Notifications will go out to all applicants by November 1st.
- Those who have been accepted as team members or alternates will have another deadline to decline or accept their position and agree to financial deadlines.
- Team training and fundraising will begin in November and continue into the Spring Semester.