Current Job Opportunities
TNU PA Director
Trevecca Nazarene University invites applicants for the position of Program Director of the Physician Assistant Program which offers a Master of Medicine in Physician Assistant Studies. The program admits 60 students per year and has a thirty four year history of excellence in PA education.
Trevecca Nazarene University seeks an experienced leader who is dynamic, enthusiastic, and has a proven record of collaboration and excellence in physician assistant education. Responsibilities of this position include department organization and administration; accreditation maintenance; continuous program evaluation and review; fiscal management; budget and grant development; mentorship and evaluation of faculty; scholarly activities; and service to the college and community. The Program Director reports directly to the Associate Provost/Academic Dean of the university. This is a full-time (12 month) faculty appointment with eligibility for tenure.
• Applicants must be graduates of an accredited physician assistant program or medical school and have current NCCPA certification or certification by an ABMS or AOA-approved specialty board and have:
• Current licensure (or eligibility) to practice in the state of Tennessee
• Minimum four years clinical practice experience
• Minimum four years teaching experience in an academic or healthcare related setting
• Graduate degree required (master’s minimum, doctorate preferred) from an accredited, higher education institution
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Ability to facilitate faculty development and manage personnel
• Experience with academic issues related to physician assistant education and accreditation requirements
• Earned doctoral degree (e.g., EdD, PhD, MD or DO)
• Evidence of effective leadership and management skills in higher education
• Demonstrated commitment to student achievement and success
• Record of successful scholarship commensurate with the rank of Associate Professor
• Experience with ARC-PA accreditation processes
• Position Availability: July 1, 2013
Trevecca Nazarene University offers an excellent benefits package and retirement plan.
To apply, please visit the Trevecca Nazarene University web site at http://www.trevecca.edu/jobs/ and download a faculty/administrator application.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, faculty/administrator application, philosophy of administration, and contact information for three professional references to Whitney Casey at email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please apply by February 28, 2013.
Please no agencies or telephone calls.