Current Job Opportunities
CLL Enrollment Specialist
College of Lifelong Learning (CLL)
Trevecca Nazarene University
University Mission Statement
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian community providing education for leadership and service.
The Enrollment Specialist will manage all of the admissions process for applicants enrolling in designated programs serviced by the College of Lifelong Learning. This will entail working closely with the Director of Admissions, Enrollment and Academic Records, CLL. The enrollment specialist will be a regular full-time 12-month position with salary and fringe benefits to be established by the University. The position reports to the Director of Admissions, Enrollment, and Academic Records.
Education and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree, with 2-5 years of experience in higher education administration required. Experience working with adult learners and experience in admissions/recruitment preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary purpose of this position is to assist individuals in completing the TNU application process and help them to succeed as they pursue their educational goals in the respective program offered through the College of Lifelong Learning.
- Pursuing leads persistently to establish a relationship as potential students.
- Responding to inquirers, prospects and applicants in an expedient and friendly manner.
- Entering data into the management system and maintaining that data with great attention to details.
- Communicating with long term prospects (those who do not start quickly).
- Maintaining relationship with each applicant and strategically following-up after an applicant becomes a student and is in classes.
- Supporting applicants with encouragement, technical support as it relates to our programs and mediation for anything that might prevent them from enrolling in class.
- Assisting any of the adult programs on campus when needed for events, tours and other specialists when help is needed.
- Building enrollment for scheduled cohorts.
- Working at least 2 evenings each week.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Able and willing to answer all questions, counters and hesitations of an applicant to help them find their fit with TNU.
- Comfortable with interacting with people and can easily engage people positively regardless of how they are communicating.
- Familiarity with how non-traditional and graduate programs work and the special care that a non-traditional student might need.
- Familiar with working with a CRM database system – i.e. Datatel.
- Familiarity with social media.
Basic Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Is committed to excellence in work done and passionate about giving quality customer service.
- Is a goal-oriented individual, self-motivated, diligent, solution-oriented and not problem-centered, and exhibits a high energy level.
- Has demonstrated the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Has the ability to use logic and creative methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probe resources for answers, can see hidden problems, perform analysis effectively, and look beyond the obvious to seek additional solutions.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and needs of customers/students, gets firsthand student information and uses it for improvements to service, and establishes and maintains effective relationships with students, gaining their trust and respect.
- Has the ability to work with organizations, groups, and individuals of varying ages, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds in a sensitive and professional manner. Relates well with others, builds appropriate rapport, builds constructive relationships, uses diplomacy and tact, and is able to find common ground.
- Is concerned about others, genuinely cares, demonstrates empathy, and is available to help.
- Can maintain confidentiality.
- Practices attentive and active listening, has the patience to hear people out, and can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Develops and uses collaborative relationships with internal and external colleagues and student clients to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Has excellent communication skills, is customer-service oriented, and demonstrates a professional manner.
- Has experience using productivity technology (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database software) and social media applications.
- Has the ability to interact with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students and to develop strong working relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
- Is personally committed to continuous self-improvement, understands that different situations call for different skills and approaches, and works to deploy strengths and offset weaknesses or limits.
- Has a basic understanding of the particular learning needs of adult learners.
- Is flexible with an evolving dynamic work situation.
- Has strong references.
- Has an unequivocal commitment to the mission of the University, as established by the Board of Trustees.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee will:
- Possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Be required to move about the campus.
- Be required to interact via telephone, in person, and via electronic media.
- Occasionally work evening and Saturday hours, when required.
- Express a mature Christian testimony and understands and can communicate the merits of a Wesleyan theological heritage in Christian education.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be:
- Regularly required sit at a computer desk and use a computer keyboard and mouse without discomfort.
- Regularly required to see a computer screen without difficulty. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk; and hear.
- Regularly required to stand and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Christian Faith and Trevecca Employment:
Trevecca is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. It reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Section 702-703, U.S. Civil Rights Act of 1964). Top candidates demonstrate a strong commitment to the Christian faith, active participation in a local Church, and a philosophy of Christian higher education consistent with the University’s Wesleyan tradition.
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter and resume to:
Please no agencies or telephone calls.