Current Job Opportunities
Site Administrator - Cleveland State Community College
Trevecca Nazarene University
Site Administrator, Cleveland State Community College
College of Lifelong Learning (CLL)
Trevecca Nazarene University
University Mission Statement
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian community providing education for leadership and service.
The Site Administrator will serve as the official representative from the College of Lifelong Learning (CLL) at Trevecca Nazarene University (TNU) to the assigned site location and will manage all administrative functions at the location. The Site Administrator will be a regular full-time 12-month position with salary and fringe benefits to be established by the University. Position reports to the Director of Enrollment Management.
Education and Experience:
2-5 years of experience in higher education required. A master's degree and experience in higher education with adult learners is preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary function of this position is to locate, engage, and recruit individuals who will benefit from attending Trevecca Nazarene University (TNU) in the Cleveland State Community College service area and help them to succeed as they pursue their educational goals in the non-traditional programs offered through the College of Lifelong Learning. The job requires a general knowledge of all functions of the CLL, and necessitates travel, and a non-standard work schedule (frequently evenings and occasionally weekends).
- Recruit and initially advise all prospective students interested in TNU’s adult and graduate programs.
- Contact or respond to prospective and/or continuing students to begin and maintain the engagement process to provide assistance and accurate information about a variety of topics regarding TNU’s programs and admissions procedures, including academic requirements for specific programs, financial aid, and campus resources.
- Represent TNU at internal and external recruiting events, including area schools, companies, public events, and agencies in an effort to locate, engage, and recruit individuals who will benefit from attending TNU in the Cleveland State Community College service area.
- Provide services to students at the remote location and facilitate a connection with the CLL mission, program, and main campus services.
- Identify and participate in activities and programs that promote the relationship between TNU and the community college and maintain the visibility of TNU and its programs.
- Provide quality leadership for the TNU CLL office at the community college with special attention given to processes, systems, and communication.
- Provide assistance with marketing, financial counseling, registration, admissions, billing, advising, program planning, materials delivery, classroom assignment, instructional equipment procurement functions of the remote location.
- Assist with faculty recruitment and faculty support at the remote locations.
- Serve as a liaison with the assigned community college and its various constituencies.
- Manage the TNU CLL office at the community college, taking care of all clerical tasks, filing, correspondence, phone, and email communication.
- Support all aspects of the TNU office on the community college campus as assigned, which include communicating opportunities, challenges, and threats to the Director of Enrollment Management.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Has the ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Has an outgoing personality and is comfortable meeting and talking with new people.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and to manage multiple tasks.
- Is able to care for the details and to see the big picture.
- Has knowledge of and experience with the recruitment/admissions processes.
- Has a basic understanding of financial aid issues.
- Is able to use personal vehicle to travel to remote locations.
- Is able to work evenings and weekends as needed to service the classes at the remote locations.
- Has advanced understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Able to use email and the internet.
Basic Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Is committed to excellence in work done and passionate about giving quality customer service.
- Is a goal-oriented individual, self-motivated, diligent, solution-oriented and not problem-centered, and exhibits a high energy level.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Has the ability to use logic and creative methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probe resources for answers, can see hidden problems, perform analysis effectively, and look beyond the obvious to seek additional solutions.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and needs of customers/students, gets firsthand student information and uses it for improvements to service, and establishes and maintains effective relationships with students, gaining their trust and respect.
- Has the ability to work with organizations, groups, and individuals of varying ages, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds in a sensitive and professional manner. Relates well with others, builds appropriate rapport, builds constructive relationships, uses diplomacy and tact, and is able to find common ground.
- Is concerned about others, genuinely cares, demonstrates empathy, and is available to help.
- Can maintain confidentiality.
- Practices attentive and active listening, has the patience to hear people out, and can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Develops and uses collaborative relationships with internal and external colleagues and student clients to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Has excellent communication skills, is customer-service oriented, and demonstrates a professional manner.
- Has experience using productivity technology (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database software) and social media applications.
- Has the ability to interact with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students and to develop strong working relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
- Is personally committed to continuous self-improvement, understands that different situations call for different skills and approaches, and works to deploy strengths and offset weaknesses or limits.
- Has a basic understanding of the particular learning needs of adult learners.
- Is flexible with an evolving dynamic work situation.
- Has strong references.
- Has an unequivocal commitment to the mission of the University, as established by the Board of Trustees.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee will:
- Possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation. Extensive travel is required.
- Be required to move about the campus.
- Be required to interact via telephone, in person, and via electronic media.
- Occasionally work evening and Saturday hours, when required.
- Express a mature Christian testimony and understands and can communicate the merits of a Wesleyan theological heritage in Christian education.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be:
- Regularly required sit at a computer desk and use a computer keyboard and mouse without discomfort.
- Regularly required to see a computer screen without difficulty. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk; and hear.
- Regularly required to stand and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Christian Faith and Trevecca Employment:
Trevecca is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. It reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Section 702-703, U.S. Civil Rights Act of 1964). Top candidates demonstrate a strong commitment to the Christian faith, active participation in a local Church, and a philosophy of Christian higher education consistent with the University’s Wesleyan tradition.
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Please no agencies or telephone calls.