Current Job Opportunities
College of Lifelong Learning
Trevecca Nazarene University
The primary purpose of this position is to locate, engage, and recruit individuals who will benefit from attending Trevecca Nazarene University (TNU) and help them to succeed as they pursue their educational goals in the non-traditional programs offered through the College of Lifelong Learning. The individual in this position must be an energetic self-starter who understands the value of earning a degree at a Christian University and is able to effectively communicate that value in a way that results in students finding their place in the Trevecca story. The CLL Corporate Recruiter will report to the Director of Enrollment Management and be a regular full-time 12 month position with salary and fringe benefits to be established by the University.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Corporate Recruiter is responsible for the recruitment of adult students in the Middle Tennessee area. The recruiter will create and execute a corporate relations strategic plan consistent with the goals established by the Dean of the College of Lifelong Learning and Director of Enrollment Management. This individual will counsel prospective students through the admissions process, from initial contact to registration.
- Build strategic relationships with corporations and businesses for the purpose of locating potential students and opportunities for the CLL.
- Represent TNU at internal and external recruiting events, including area companies and agencies.
- Contact or respond to prospective and/or continuing students to begin and maintain the engagement process, providing assistance and accurate information about TNU’s programs and admissions procedures, including academic requirements for specific programs, financial aid, and campus resources.
- Maintain on-going, proactive, and professional communication with prospective students, internal and external contacts, support staff, and faculty.
- Interview and counsel students, provide information, review academic records, and facilitate appointments with appropriate faculty and staff.
- Assist with planning and coordinating special events for prospective students (i.e., informational meetings).
- Recommend and implement strategies for recruiting adult students.
- Utilize various social networking and social media sites for student recruitment.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion adhering to the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Inform the Director of Enrollment relative to opportunities, challenges, and threats.
- Utilize the TNU CRM system to maintain and run weekly inquiry and applicant reports.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Director of Enrollment Management
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree with 2-5 years of experience in recruitment, sales, business, higher education, and/or related work is required. A master’s degree with three years of recruiting students for post-secondary education and working with adult students is preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to travel regularly to colleges, college and career fairs, and businesses, providing own vehicle.
- Has a basic understanding of online/distance education.
- Has a basic understanding of transcript evaluations and credit transfer practices.
- Has a basic understanding of financial aid issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Has a positive, cooperative, Christ-like attitude supportive of the University and its mission.
- Demonstrates the ability to relate well to working professionals.
- Is committed to excellence in work done and passionate about giving quality customer service.
- Is a goal-oriented individual, self-motivated, diligent, solution-oriented and not problem-centered, and exhibits a high energy level.
- Has demonstrated the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Has the ability to use logic and creative methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probe resources for answers, can see hidden problems, perform analysis effectively, and look beyond the obvious to seek additional solutions.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and needs of customers/students, gets firsthand student information and uses it for improvements to service, and establishes and maintains effective relationships with students, gaining their trust and respect.
- Has the ability to work with organizations, groups, and individuals of varying ages, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds in a sensitive and professional manner. Relates well with others, builds appropriate rapport, builds constructive relationships, and is able to find common ground.
- Is concerned about others, genuinely cares, demonstrates empathy, and is available to help.
- Practices attentive and active listening, has the patience to hear people out, and can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Develops and uses collaborative relationships with internal and external colleagues and student clients to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Has excellent communication skills, is customer-service oriented, and demonstrates a professional manner.
- Has experience using productivity technology (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database software) and social media applications.
- Has the ability to interact with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students and to develop strong working relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
- Is personally committed to continuous self-improvement, understands that different situations call for different skills and approaches, and works to deploy strengths and offset weaknesses or limits.
- Has a basic understanding of the particular learning needs of adult learners.
- Is flexible with an evolving dynamic work situation.
- Has strong references.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee will:
- Possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Be required to move about the campus.
- Be required to interact via telephone, in person, and via electronic media.
- Occasionally work evening and Saturday hours, when required.
- Express a mature Christian testimony and understands and can communicate the merits of a Wesleyan theological heritage in Christian education.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be:
- Regularly required sit at a computer desk and use a computer keyboard and mouse without discomfort.
- Regularly required to see a computer screen without difficulty. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally required to walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Christian Faith and Trevecca Employment:
Trevecca is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. It reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Section 702-703, U.S. Civil Rights Act of 1964). Top candidates demonstrate a strong commitment to the Christian faith, active participation in a local Church, and a philosophy of Christian higher education consistent with the University’s Wesleyan tradition.
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter and resume to:
Please no agencies or telephone calls.