Current Job Opportunities
Director of Clinical Education - PA Program
Trevecca Nazarene University in Nashville, Tennessee is seeking an experienced, dynamic educator for the position of Director of Clinical Education in its Physician Assistant Program. The position is a full time, 12-month faculty appointment with eligibility for tenure. The successful candidate will have demonstrated excellence in medicine and academics, with a passion for mentoring students to become compassionate, professional medical providers.
About Trevecca: Trevecca Nazarene University is a private Christian university whose mission is to provide education for leadership and service for its approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students. Trevecca seeks to hire dynamic Christians who are professionally qualified and are committed to the educational mission of the university and its lifestyle expectations. The PA Program seeks faculty who are committed to challenging students to become competent professionals who will serve their communities in compassionate ministry, both domestically and abroad.
Director of Clinical Education Responsibilities include:
- Leadership and coordination of the clinical aspects of the program’s academic content and instruction
- Participation and guidance of clinical curriculum development, assessment, and analysis
- Management of the recruitment, retention, scheduling, and assessment of clinical preceptors for the program
- Monitoring of student academic and professional performance throughout the clinical phase of the program
- Assisting in the program’s maintenance of ARC-PA accreditation
- Course instruction according to the expertise of the candidate as needed by the program
Ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited physician assistant program or medical school
- Current NCCPA certification or certification by an ABMS or AOA-approved specialty board and with current licensure (or eligibility) to practice in the state of Tennessee
- Experience with physician assistant program clinical curriculum development, program assessment and analysis, and maintenance of program compliance with ARC-PA accreditation standards
- Administrative and teaching experience as a faculty member in an a physician assistant program
- Clinical practice experience
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively motivate and manage students and program personnel
Start date: May 2014
Review of applications will begin immediately and proceed until the position is filled.
Interested applicants who are in agreement with the mission and goals of Trevecca should submit the following items electronically to Randall Morton, M.D., Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Updated Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- A personal Philosophy of Education statement
- Contact information for three professional references
- A completed Trevecca Nazarene University faculty/administrator application (http://www.trevecca.edu/jobs)
For questions, please contact:
Randall Morton, M.D.
Trevecca Nazarene University Physician Assistant Program
333 Murfreesboro Road
Nashville, TN 37210