Current Job Opportunities
Library Evening Supervisor
Library Evening Supervisor – non-exempt
Trevecca Nazarene University
UNIVERSITY MISSION STATEMENT
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian community providing education for leadership and service.
Under general direction, coordinates the evening operations of the Waggoner Library, assists in Technical Services, and performs a variety of clerical tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs technical services tasks as assigned.
- Oversees closing procedures and ensures that building is properly vacated and secured at closing.
- In coordination with the librarian on duty, maintains an atmosphere conducive to study and provides customer service during evening hours.
- Assists at the Reference Desk.
- Work hours include afternoon and evening hours, Sunday through Thursday.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree; related work experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- The ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of computer applications.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to provide training to staff and/or student employees.
- The outstanding candidate will be well-organized, self-motivated, and good with details.
- providing assistance to patrons regarding general and specific information about library resources;
- resolving routine problems with patrons
- routine processing and maintenance of library materials
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 20-30 lbs.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please no agencies or telephone calls.