Current Job Opportunities
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Trevecca Nazarene University
University Mission Statement
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian community providing education for leadership and service.
Trevecca Nazarene University is growing its undergraduate enrollment. We are seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly capable sales professional who can advance the Traditional Undergraduate Admissions Office’s efforts in recruiting students. The right candidate is driven, goal-oriented, relational, organized, collaborative and supportive of Trevecca’s Christ-centered focus. The right candidate demonstrates superior interpersonal skills, as well as excellent time management and strong written and verbal communication skills. This position is a full-time (12-month) exempt position.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Sales experience helpful, but not required
- Experience in higher education is helpful, but not required
Key Results Areas
- Expand the university’s success by meeting / exceeding recruitment goals within an assigned target market area.
- Deliver excellent customer service and hospitality to prospective students and their families.
- Drive ongoing communication to prospect pool, successfully moving prospective students and applicants through the admissions process.
- Optimize the department’s use of the CRM (Recruiter) system, as well as social media and digital marketing to develop effective communication for recruiting.
The University Recruiter reports directly to the Director of Admissions, and works collaboratively with:
- Associate Provost / Dean of Enrollment
- Director of Enrollment Systems
- Other University Recruiters
- New Student Financial Aid Counselor
- Director of PR Music Groups
- Admissions Office Manager
- Director of Marketing (Office of External Relations)
- Admissions Marketing, Events & Communications Coordinator
This position will contribute significantly to the success of the university’s recruitment efforts by fulfilling the following responsibilities:
- Manages and performs recruitment activities to achieve targeted enrollment goals per territory.
- Develops and maintains relationships with schools and church leaders with the goal of widening the pool of prospective students.
- Assists in the development of marketing materials and communication plans to adequately recruit students within a defined target market.
- Visits and makes presentations to groups and / or individuals at external locations such as high schools, middle schools, college fairs, churches and other community organizations.
- Provides advice, guidance and assistance to students, parents, and others related to the enrollment and admissions processes. Seeks to help remove barriers to enrollment as they arise.
- Provides information on available academic programs and admission eligibility requirements; reviews applications and related documentation for compliance.
- Maintains communication with prospective students via telephone, correspondence, and / or electronic mail through all stages of the recruitment and admission process.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities Required
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work effectively with diverse populations.
- Maintain accurate records, and analyze and solve problems in order to make independent evaluative judgments.
- Perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects with skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by an individual assigned to this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.
Trevecca offers a competitive benefits package, including health care and paid holidays. Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter and resume to Melinda Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please no agencies or telephone calls.