The Online Catalog is your guide to book, periodical and media resources in the library. On the Library homepage enter the topic you want searched in the 'Catalog Search' box. After typing in your word/phrase-select the tag for your topic; subject, author, title, keyword, or journal title. Simply click on the tag you want to search and the the 'Search' button.
Keyword V Subject Searching Keywords are searched by the database simply by matching the spelling of the word/phrase-NO meaning is attached. Searching by subject (or author and title) will attach a meaning to the spelling creating a better result list. If you cannot find any titles after searching by subject, enter your terms in as a keyword search. This will broaden the search.
Advanced Keyword Search provides options to limit your search by location, type of resource, date, language. You can also search course reserves and Journal Titles as well as basic search options of Author, Title, and Subject.
Search Area Libraries If you need book materials to supplement the TNU collection, click on the Search Area Libraries link on the Library web page. This virtual online catalog [Athena] provides access to several local area libraries including Trevecca, MTSU, Vanderbilt, Nashville Public Library, and TSU. Retrieved titles can be ordered online for no cost. They will be couried to Trevecca for pickup. There is no cost. Also linked here is WorldCat providing searching of 10,000 libraries worldwide.
Ebooks Over 80,000 full text ebooks are integrated into the library holdings and can be searched through the online catalog or directly from the database Web sites. Students must create a free account to receive checkout privileges and other services within the ebook collections.Many can be download to an eReader format and there is a small collection of audio books available.
Result List The search result list appears in the order a record was entered into the catalog. The holdings line provides call number as well as indicates whether a book has been checked out by using the phrase “No copies available.” Also included in the library holdings are e-books which are indicated by the phrase [electronic resource] in the title line.
Printing Copies are charged to your campus account [.08 per page] if you are logged into the TNU network. Otherwise it is .10 per page.
Circulating books These are checked out at the Main Desk with a maximum of fifteen books and have a 28 day circulation time. Your TNU I.D. card serves as your library card. Books cannot be checked out from the Web site but can be renewed from the library website. From the library home page click on the “My Account” link on the menu. Follow instructions to view your account. The renew link will appear on the screen. Books cannot be renewed if they are overdue. Call 615.248.1214 for assistance.
Some titles in the Waggoner circulating collection include:
- Children at War. P.W. Singer. c2006 UB 416 .S56
- Girl soldier : a story of hope for northern Uganda's Children. Faith J. H. McDonnell and Grace Akallo. c2007 BR 1443.U33 M33
- Trafficking in Humans : Social, Cultural and Political Dimensions. edited by Sally Cameron and Edward Newman. c2008 HQ 281 .T717
- Social Justice Handbook : Small steps for a better world. M.E. Cannon c2009 BT 738 .C345 2009
- A Long Way Gone : Memoirs of a Boy Soldier. Ishmael Beah. c2007 DT 516.828.B43 A3
- Young Soldiers : why they Choose to Fight. Rachel Brett & Irma Specht. c2004 UB 416 .B74
- Not for Sale : the Return of the Global Slave Trade. David B. Batstone. c2007 HQ 281 .B33
- The Sexual Trafficking in Children : an Investigation of the Child Sex Trade. Daniel S. Campagna, Donald L. Poffenberger. c1988 HQ1 44 .C35
If you know the journal title:
From the library homepage, enter the name of the journal in the search box near the top. Change the tag to read “Journal Title” then enter. If your journal is full text in one of our databases the result will include a link to the database where you can access the full text or indicates bound, back issues or microfilm availability. If there were no hits you can complete online an ILL form requesting a journal article reprint. Allow 7 days for receipt of the reprint.
Electronic Resources Link: Click on the ‘Electronic Resources’ link from the library homepage, then choose either
* Looking for databases by subject displays a subject list of databases
* Looking for databases by title browses an A-Z title list of databases
* Looking for an e-journal by title limits you to browsing only e-journals accessible online
Accessing the databases off campus requires you to verify your Trevecca status by providing your name and the 11 digit barcode number from your student ID.
- Global Issues in Context
- Environmental Studies and Policies
- African-American History Online
- Multicultural Module
- Social Sciences Full Text
- Lexis-Nexis – provides newspaper articles, radio and television program transcripts, and magazine articles. This is also more international in scope, quite a lot from the BBC.
- Custom Newspapers – a Gale collection providing full text newspaper articles throughout the United States.
- ProQuest Central and Academic Onefile – can find journal articles as well as newspaper resources, more national in scope. Using PowerSearch in the Gale databases will cross reference collections.
- ATLASerials – religion subject in scope but leans more toward historical references as opposed to current events
- Women's Interest Module
Getting materials through Interlibrary Loan Services
Books: Books generally have a three to four week checkout period. Turnaround time for book requests is about 7 working days. There are generally no fees for this service; however, late fine charges for ILL books are $.50 per day.
Journal Article Reprints: If a journal is unavailable at TNU a reprint of it can be ordered using the online form. There is no cost. Allow 5 days to receive your requested article which will generally will be sent to your email as a PDF attachment.
- Nazarene Compassionate Ministries
- Report on International Religious Freedom
- Feed the Children
- International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church
- International Women's Day
- Open Doors
- World Hunger
- World Vision
- Voice of the Martyrs
- Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons
- Trafficking in Persons Report
"The 10th annual Trafficking in Persons Report outlines the continuing challenges across the globe, including in the United States. The Report, for the first time, includes a ranking of the United States based on the same standards to which we hold other countries. The United States takes its first-ever ranking not as a reprieve but as a responsibility to strengthen global efforts against modern slavery, including those within America. This human rights abuse is universal, and no one should claim immunity from its reach or from the responsibility to confront it." - Secretary Clinton, 14 June 2010.
- International Justice Mission
- Invisible Children
- Related links from the U.S. State Department regarding human smuggling and trafficking.