Testing and Assessment
- The online catalog allows you to search by author, title, subject, and keyword and advanced search.
- Testing and assessment books can be found in the following call number areas
* BF 's - Psychological
* HF 5549.5
* RC 488 - Medical aspects
- Circulating books are on the top floor of the library and are checked out at the main desk using your Trevecca student I.D.
- Search Area Libraries link on the library website allows you to search several other middle Tennessee libraries’ holdings with one search question. A courier service allows a patron to retrieve a book from ATHENA within 5-7 working days. Requests can be made online from the TNU library web site.
- WorldCat allows you to search over 10,000 libraries worldwide. Books can be requested through Inter Library Loan.
Result List The holdings line provides call number as well as indicates whether a book has been checked out by providing a due date. the button 'Other Resources' allows you to view a Table of Contents (TOC) or a Book Review for that title. Reference books indicate no copies available since they cannot be checked out. Photocopies can be made of needed pages.
Ebooks integrate over 85,000 full text ebooks into the library holdings. Many can be download to an eReader format and there is a small collection of audio books available.
Checking out/Renewing library books These are checked out at the Main Desk with a maximum of fifteen books and are due back in four weeks. Your TNU I.D. card serves as your library card. Books cannot be checked out from the Web site.
Materials can be renewed online! From the library home page click on the My Account link on the menu. Follow instructions to view your account. The renew link will appear on the screen. Books cannot be renewed if they are overdue. Call 615.248.1214 for assistance or email email@example.com
Photocopies can be made of needed text. Some titles have duplicates in the stacks, this will be noted on the record as a copy. Some recommended titles:
- Comprehensive Handbook of Psychological Assessment Ref. BF 176 .C654
- Tests : a comprehensive reference for assessments in psychology, education, and business. Ref. BF 176 .T43
- Tests in Print. Ref. Z 5814.E9 T47
- Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print - an online resource
If you know the journal title:
From the library homepage enter the journal title in the search box near the top. Change the tag to read “Journal Title” then enter. If your journal is full text in one of our databases the result will include a link to the database where you can access the full text or indicates bound, back issues or microfilm availability. If there were no hits you can complete online an ILL form requesting a journal article reprint.
If you are searching by subject:
Electronic Resources Link: Click on the ‘Electronic Resources’ link, then choose either
* Looking for databases by title browses an A-Z title list of databases
* Looking for an e-journal by title limits you to browsing only e-journals accessible online
Accessing databases off campus access requires you to provide your name and the 11 digit ID number from your student ID.
- Health & Psychosocial Instruments (HaPI) - Provides access to information on approximately 15,000 measurement instruments (i.e. questionnaires, interview schedules, checklists, coding schemes, rating scales, etc.) in the fields of health and psychosocial sciences. *The full-text instruments are not included in the database
- Mental Measurements Yearbook (MMY) with Tests in Print (TIP) - A comprehensive guide to over 2,000 contemporary testing instruments. Designed for an audience ranging from novice test consumers to experienced professionals, the MMY/TIP series contains information essential for a complete evaluation of test products within such diverse areas as psychology, education, business, and leadership. *The full-text instruments are not included in the database
- Dissertations and Theses Full Text - The authoritative resource for information about doctoral dissertations and master's theses, a great source for locating survey documents.
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences CollectionTM - A comprehensive database covering information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods
- PsycARTICLES® - Access nearly 50 top full-text psychology publications from the APA.
- PsycINFO® - contains citations and summaries of journal articles, book chapters, books, and technical reports, as well as citations to dissertations, all in the field of psychology and psychological aspects of related disciplines.
- Social Sciences Full Text - the latest concepts, trends, opinions, theories, and methods from both applied and theoretical aspects of the social sciences.
Test Taking Tools [for CLEP; PRAXIS; GRE; Civil Service and other types of tests]
- LearningExpress Library - A comprehensive, interactive online learning platform of practice tests and tutorial course series designed to help patrons & students and adult learners succeed on the academic or licensing tests they must pass. Several Praxis II tests are a part of this collection.
- Testing and Education Reference Center - Prepare for the GED; CLEP; Dantes; civil service and military entrance exams; licensing tests for law enforcement, real estate, the postal service, and many other fields; plus college and graduate school admissions exams. Several Praxis I practice tests are also available here.
Additional educational related material can be found in the Education Databases
Additional psychology related material can be found in the Psychology/Counseling Databases
Articles or books not available at Waggoner library can be requested through Interlibrary Loan. All transactions for ILL are handled through the Interlibrary Loan Services Librarian. Complete an online form on the library Web site following the ILL link on the menu. Allow 7-10 days for the requested book to arrive and 7 days for article reprints. Items are sent to the Library for pickup.
Journal Article Reprints: If a journal is unavailable at TNU a reprint of it can be ordered using the online form off the web site. There is no cost. Many cases the article will be sent as a PDF to your email. Allow 5 days for delivery of the article.
- APA [American Pyschology Association]
- Assessment Psychology Online - Psychological Assessment, Testing and Practice Resources for Psychologists
- Buros Center for Testing
- ERIC/AE Test Locator - descriptions of over 15,000 tests and research instruments
- Psychology Metasites and Megasites- A Directory and selection of the best web sites for Psychology
Reference Desk - 615.248.1570 Circulation Desk - 615.248.1212 IRC Desk - 615.248.1205email questions
Live Chat with a Librarian
*Committed professionals *Effective communication *Supportive technology *User-centered service