Trevecca Nazarene University MHR will offer a new Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) as a degree-completion program beginning in September 2009.
The marketplace for IT professionals in the
The BSIT program will require the completion of 16 IT courses (48 credits) at Trevecca. It is believed to be the first of its kind for IT in
Students will be exposed to the latest business technologies including those from Oracle, Sun, Adobe, Microsoft, and IBM. All of the major IT domains are covered in the program including programming, database development and administration, web design and development, hardware and networking, information management, and systems integration.
In addition, students will have the opportunity to work on real-world projects through a capstone experience.
- The BSIT is a hybrid program meaning it will be 50% online and 50% classroom.
- Program length is 17 months
- Admission requirements:
- 21 years of age or working full-time OR have an associates degree
- Have earned 48 or more semester hours with a 2.0 or better
- Math & writing assessment
- Demonstrate computer literacy
- Talking points on the program are:
- The first cohort group will begin September 2009