“We’re off to a great start to the year,” said the center’s associate director Tom Middendorf. “ The Center has become a busy place for student activity. We see them studying or watching TV in the fireside room, checking facebook or printing off papers on our computer desks, and utilizing the resources necessary to aid in student success.”
- The CLCS team has formed 16 Leap Groups of traditional freshman students and 1 group of non-traditional, returning students. These groups meet weekly and are designed to help students make a successful transition into college life.
- The sophomore year experience program kicked off last Friday with an event on the patio in the CLCS building.
- Just recently more than 40 students were place in on-campus work study.
- A new internship class is offered this fall.
- The CLCS team is gearing up for an Oct. 17 networking event with Dan Ryan, which will be open to all students and alumni.
- OASIS (Office of Academic Support and Instructional Services) workshops are being held to help students succeed in the classroom.
To find out more about Trevecca’s new Center for Leadership, Calling, and Service, visit www.trevecca.edu/CLCS.