Trevecca Nazarene University

Update on fire in Tidwell Building

A small fire broke out in Trevecca’s Tidwell Building on Friday, Dec. 11. 

 

No one was injured during the fire. Campus security acted quickly and the fire did not spread beyond the one office in which it started. The Metro Nashville Fire Department believes that it is possible that a cord to the AC unit or a small appliance might have sparked the fire.  It is known that the heating unit and the electrical infrastructure played no part in the fire. 

 

Although there is some water and smoke damage, a restoration company is already working to restore the office and cleaning the Tidwell Building. Tidwell is open and functioning as normal.