Prospective freshmen, new transfer students, and parents arrived on campus on June 13 for two days of orientation activities, including registration for fall classes. They participated in seminars about college life, became acquainted with their classmates, learned their way around campus, enjoyed a picnic and other events, and experienced their first days on campus.
The demographics of this new group of freshman students provide an interesting profile of the group:
- The females outnumber the males: 136 females (63%) and 79 males (37%).
- The group has 12% diversity (25 students).
- The freshmen include 45 student athletes (21%).
- They come from 21 different states.
- The largest group—154—is from Tennessee (72%).
- The second largest group of freshmen is from Florida—17 students (8%).
- Twelve students come from west of the Mississippi River.
- Six are from California.
More freshmen are expected to enroll during fall registration in late August.
The University welcomes the Trevecca Class of 2018 and looks forward to having them on campus and watching them develop and leave their mark on this institution.