Marks Guest House
The purpose of Marks’ Guest House (the House) is to provide comfortable and convenient lodging for the business purposes of the University. As such the following guidelines are adopted to govern the use and charges for Marks’ Guest House.
1) It is to be used primarily for the guests of the University which means that there must be a business purpose for providing such lodging. It is not a hotel. Business use could be defined as an interviewee, a guest lecturer or evangelist, conference business usage, graduate students during their brief periods of intensive coursework, or parents on a special needs basis to counsel/consult with their student with extenuating circumstances;
2) The fees are as follows (For fiscal year 2009-2010 and subject to escalation):
a. Internal Usage - $25 per day charged to the requesting department
b. Graduate Student Usage - $40 per day
c. Parents and Other Usage - $60 per day
d. VIP Room – Can only be used for University business and the internal charge is $35 per day
3) No children under the age of 12 are allowed to stay in the House.
4) Student usage and other usage can’t reserve any rooms more than 30 days in advance.
5) Non-university business usages are to be scheduled no more than 30 days in advance and the usage is limited to two days. Non-university business usage must still have some direct connection to TNU, i.e. alumni, parents, employees, etc.
6) RD’s can reserve a room for family (subject to all other rules including children) at the internal usage rate for up to five days per year subject to availability. This usage rate will be charged through the Student Development Office budget.
7) Guest house policies and procedures are subject to change at any time.
1) All student usage and other usage must be paid in advance. If during business hours (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) payment is to be made at the cashier’s office and a receipt taken to the switchboard operator at the plant operations office where the keys may be picked up. If after business hours then payment is to be made at the security office.
2) Check-in time is no earlier than 3pm and check-out time is 11am.
3) After business hours, Security is to escort the guest to the House when the guest arrives on campus.
4) When the rooms are booked, care is to be taken to make sure that male and female guests do not share a bathroom.
5) Children 12-21 are allowed only if the adjacent room with the common bathroom is available.
6) Because of staffing there can be no guest turnover on weekends.
7) Linen changes and towel changes are only done between guests.
8) When taking reservations the person’s connection with the University and the business purpose of the reservation is to be obtained before giving the reservation. If there is no business purpose then offer a list of local hotels in the area.
9) As soon as feasible an on-line reservation system and payment system is to be developed.
For more information please contact:
Ext 1333 or 615-248-1333