Through an interdisciplinary process the Leadership Studies Minor seeks to enhance the skill set of graduates in all undergraduate degree programs by providing a broad perspective on leadership and to enhance on-campus leadership development of student leaders for student government, peer mentoring, and resident assistants.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates with a leadership studies minor will be able to:
- Compare the history of leadership and current leadership theories.
- Examine leadership theories relevant to effective organizational leadership, development, and change.
- Evaluate ethics, morals, and values as it relates to their leadership effectiveness.
- Analyze theories, behaviors, and consequences of healthy and dysfunctional leadership.
- Translate life experiences into leadership experience in light of course content.
- Evaluate interpersonal skills to more effectively engage and collaborate with others.
- Identify some of the common leadership issues of today.
- Practice the tenets of servant leadership.
- BS, Trevecca Nazarene University, 1999
- MA, Olivet Nazarene University, 2007
- EdD, Olivet Nazarene University, 2009