Thanks to Trevecca’s partnership with Eastern Nazarene College, Trevecca students can choose to spend a semester away at Eastern. Students will have the unique experience of living and studying in the incredible city of Boston. A center of history, education, finance, American culture and government, Boston has a lot to offer, no matter what your interest. Nestled in an urban residential neighborhood minutes from downtown Boston, Eastern is just a five-minute walk from the beach and a 10-minute walk to the T, Boston’s subway system.
Things to do in Boston
Freedom Trail, Bunker Hill, Paul Revere’s Home, America’s first subway and railroad, USS Constitution, Boston Tea Party, JFK Library
Red Sox, Boston Celtics, New England Patriots
The Boston Symphony Orchestra, Museum of Fine Arts, Isabella Gardner Museum, Institute for Contemporary Art
Charles River Kayak, Blue Hills, Public Garden
Boston Common, Copley Square, North End, Harvard Square, Prudential, Top of The Hub
Faneuil Hall / Quincy Market, SOWA, Newbury Street
Original Dunkin Donuts, Whalburgers, Mike’s Pastry, Fire+Ice, Legal Seafood, Union Oyster House
How it works
Students in good academic and social standing who have completed two full-time semesters at Trevecca may request clearance from the Center for Leadership, Calling and Service to participate in the semester exchange program. The program is only available to the first 10 approved students. Each student, who will remain enrolled at Trevecca, may take up to 18 semester hours at Eastern. Each student will continue paying their home tuition rates as well as room and board fees. Each student will be responsible for all of their travel costs.
- Any student interested in cross registration will pick up a form and Eastern course schedule from Rebecca Merrick (email@example.com; 615-248-1259) in the Center for Leadership, Calling and Service.
- Student will be responsible for following procedures for pre-registration deadlines including submission of the cross registration form, course substitution forms, and all forms for financial arrangements at Trevecca.
- Student should consult with the home academic advisor for course options (general education is recommended). After the appropriate signatures are obtained from the home school, the form (with signatures) should be returned to Rebecca Merrick. She will submit the form to the Cross Registration Officer at Eastern (Abbey Stanford).
- Eastern personnel will review the form for approval. The form will be returned to the student and Rebecca Merrick via email upon gaining the proper signatures from Eastern. Rebecca Merrick will distribute the form to Academic Records, Admissions, Financial Aid, and Student Development at Trevecca. Trevecca registrar will register the student for Eastern courses with Trevecca-approved course designations to enable the student to qualify for the Office of Financial Aid.
- The Eastern registrar will notify Rebecca Merrick via email of schedule changes during the semester including dates of added and dropped courses (this is to facilitate tracking required by financial aid).
- At the end of the term, Eastern's registrar will send an official transcript to Trevecca’s registrar. The student will contact the Eastern cross registration officer for specific housing arrangements and all general questions.