If your dreams of going back to school to get a degree have seemed impossible to achieve, Trevecca and the Tennessee Reconnect initiative might be able to help. The Tennessee Reconnect program offers grants to adults seeking a two-year program like an associate degree or a certificate at four-year colleges and universities like Trevecca.
Not only is an associate degree a great way to increase your earning potential, prepare for a career change and learn something new, it’s also a wonderful first step toward a four-year degree if that’s your ultimate goal. No matter why you choose to pursue an associate degree, we believe it’ll be worth it. And with Tennessee Reconnect, it’s more affordable than ever.
Trevecca is here to help every step of the way. From obtaining high school transcripts to financial aid and choosing the program that’s right for you, our enrollment counselors and advisors are available to answer any questions you have about going back to school.
What Does Tennessee Reconnect Provide?
The Tennessee Reconnect program offers grants for students enrolled in associate programs (see list below of eligible associate programs) who are pursuing their first degree. The Tennessee Reconnect grant is awarded to students in addition to grant money they are already receiving from other sources up to a combined $2,000 per semester in total grant money.
The grant must be renewed each academic year.
Tennessee Reconnect Requirements
To be eligible for Tennessee Reconnect, you must:
- Not already have an associate or bachelor's degree
- Have been a Tennessee resident for at least one year before the date you apply for the grant
- Complete the FAFSA and be deemed an "independent student"
- Be admitted to an eligible institution and enroll in a degree or certificate program at least part-time (six semester hours)
- Participate in an advising program approved by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission
Trevecca's Eligible Programs:
- Business Management (100% online)
- Community and Human Services (100% online)
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- Criminal Justice
- Exercise/Personal Training
- Film Production
- General Studies
- Graphic Design
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Music (General and Commercial)
- Professional Communication
- Recording Technology
What Do I Do Next?
4. Once your FAFSA has been received, you will receive an estimate of the financial aid available to you from Tennessee Reconnect and from the federal government.
5. Please email SGCSFinancialServices@trevecca.edu if you have any additional questions.
NOTE: For the Spring 2020 semester, the application must be completed by Feb. 1, 2020. For the Fall 2020 semester, the application must be completed by Sept. 1, 2020.