Trevecca Nazarene University, a DIl institution and member of the Great Midwest Athletic Conference, invites applicants to apply for our current position opening of Assistant Athletic Trainer. This is a full-time appointment with an immediate start date. Sports assignments are TBD but will most likely include women's soccer and an additional sport.
Position Title: Assistant Athletic Trainer
Reports to: Director of Sports Medicine and Athletic Performance
Supervisory Role: N/A
Education: Bachelor's degree in appropriate area of specialization.
Certificate/License: Certified by NATABOC, eligible for Tennessee Athletic Training Licensure (must have state licensure prior to treating athletes), Valid First Aid/CPR/AED certification
Preferred: Master’s degree, Active membership in NATA
- Coverage of all practice, competition and necessary events of assigned sport.
- Create and maintain effective communication with team physicians, coaches, athletes, and all medical support staff.
- Daily documentation, injury reports, and upkeep of team specific medical records.
- Coordinate referrals and other pertinent appointments for assigned sport.
- Work in conjunction with coaches and the strength and conditioning coach to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual student-athlete needs of assigned sport.
- Other duties as assigned.
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian, private, liberal arts university located in Nashville, Tennessee. Trevecca is a member of NCAA Division II with 15 athletic teams participating in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (G-MAC). For more information about the Trevecca athletics department, see our website at www.tnutrojans.com
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Austin Krause – Director of Sports Medicine and Athletic Performance