Trevecca is committed to helping students develop a plan for meeting their educational goals. Contact SGCSFinancialServices@trevecca.edu or 615-248-1529 with financial aid questions.
|ONLINE TUITION||2018-2019||2019 Grand Opening Pricing|
|Programs||Cost Per Credit Hour||Cost Per Credit Hour|
|BA Management and Leadership||$395||$278|
|Master of Business Administration||$520||$257|
FAFSA school code: 003526
Refund Policy: Refunds should be received within 45 days from the date of convocation/orientation.
There are essentially three ways by which you can cover your tuition and fees costs at Trevecca Nazarene University:
- Financial aid
- Out of pocket, lump sum payments
- Payment plans
1. Financial Aid
There are essentially three places to get aid:
- The federal government
- The institution you are attending
- The private sector
This step starts with you filling out your FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov and inputting our school code (003526). This information will then be sent to us within 7 days of your FAFSA submission.
Federal aid can be broken down into 2 categories:
|Typically this would be the Pell Grant and only available for undergraduate course work. If your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is greater than or equal to 5730, you will not be eligible for the Pell Grant. Your EFC should be available on your completed FAFSA application. All EFCs below 5730 may be eligible on a sliding scale, TNU would be happy to help you determine what, if any, Pell Grant you qualify for.
*Federal grants/scholarships for graduate course work are extremely limited.
|Federal Loans for non-traditional and graduate course work are limited to Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans. To familiarize yourself with the difference between the two, please visit http://www.staffordloan.com/stafford-loan-info/faq/.
*Please note Subsidized Stafford Loans are not available for graduate coursework.
TNU does not currently offer Institutional Aid for its non-traditional programs.
2. Out of Pocket, Lump Sum Payments
- Pay online* via trevecca.afford.com. (This can be done after registration by using your log in information.)
- Mail payment to TNU Accounting Office, 333 Murfreesboro Road, Nashville, TN 37210.
- Pay at the Cashier’s Office** on campus, top floor of the Martin Building, Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
* Credit card payments will be assessed a convenience fee equaling 2.99% of your total transaction by CASHNet and added to the amount charged to your card. (For example, a payment of $1,000.00 via credit card would result in a $1,029.90 charge.)
** Payment via telephone with a credit card will no longer be available. The only forms of payment that will be accepted in the Accounting Office for the payment of tuition and fees will be cash, check or money order. This applies to payments submitted in person or via the USPS.
3. Payment Plans
Trevecca offers 4 month, 5 month and 6 month interest free payment plans. These are quick and easy ways to spread your payments out over a longer period of time. The length of your plan will be determined by the length of your semester. This can be done at trevecca.afford.com. Your student log-in information and ID are required to set this up, so we would be happy to assist you after registration for courses is complete.
Contact SGCSFinancialServices@trevecca.edu or 844-TNU-GRAD.
Financial Aid FAQs
- How will I be able to afford this?
There are three main ways by which you can cover your tuition and fees.
- 1) Students may be eligible for federal or state grants as well as federal student loans.
- 2) Some employers offer tuition reimbursement (total or partial).
- 3) Trevecca also offers interest free monthly payment plans depending on the length of each semester.
- What is financial aid?
Financial aid is any kind of money that is either given or loaned to a student for a period of time, which can assist in paying for school.
- Does Trevecca Nazarene University accept military benefits?
TNU accepts all applicable military benefits (e.g. GI Bill, Yellow Ribbon, etc.). It is important for you to obtain, complete, and submit the appropriate forms for your benefits to be secured. To begin the process, the student should contact our Academic Records office at 1-615-248-1268.
- How do I apply for financial aid?
To apply for financial aid, you must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This should be completed every year you are enrolled in school and is available at the first of each year. The FAFSA can be found at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Enter Trevecca Nazarene University’s school code, 003526. By completing the FAFSA, you are applying for federal grants and loans, along with state grants. Your financial aid advisor cannot determine your financial aid eligibility until you have completed and signed the FAFSA. The FAFSA must be completed annually.
- What information do I need in order to complete the FAFSA?
The FAFSA will ask for specific tax infomation. Therefore, you will need to be prepared to enter information that can be found on the following items:
- Your (and your parents', if you are a dependent* student) 1040 tax forms from last year.
- *Dependency status can be determined by going to https://studentaid.ed.gov/fafsa/filling-out/dependency.
- Any W2 forms from your employer (and your parents’ employer, if you are a dependent student) from last year.
- Your (and your parents', if you are a dependent* student) 1040 tax forms from last year.
- What should I do after completing my Financial Aid?
After completing your Free application for Financial Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov and inputting our school code (003526) you should contact your recruiter so they can notate you completed this in your file. You will then be contacted by one of our Financial Aid counselors within 7 to 14 days with an estimate of aid and/or a request for additional information.
- How will I know my financial aid eligibility?
You will receive an estimate of your Tuition and Fees as well as an estimate of your available Financial Aid 7 to 14 days after you have completed your FAFSA. Your official offer of aid and directions to finalize everything will be sent to you, via email, after you have been registered for your classes. This usually takes place 7 to 14 days before classes begin.
- Do I qualify for the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation Grant (TSAC)?
If you qualify for the TSAC grant you will receive a letter from TSAC congratulating you on your award. If this is the case, please contact your recruiter or financial aid counselor to make them aware that you qualify. We will then add this grant to your official offer of aid.
- Do I qualify for the Tennessee HOPE scholarship?
You can view the requirements for the HOPE scholarship on the Tennesee government's website. If you believe you should receive the HOPE scholarship, please contact your recruiter or financial aid counselor to make them aware that you might qualify. We will then evaluate your situation and update you on your award status.
- Why do I have less Pell Grant than last year or no Pell Grant?
In December 2011, President Obama signed into law the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2012 (Public Law 112-74). This law has significantly changed the Pell Grant Program. Beginning in Fall 2012, students are now limited to 12 semesters (or 600%) of Pell Grant eligibility during their lifetime. This change affects all students regardless of when or where they received their first Pell Grant.
- Can I see my Lifetime Pell Grant Used?
You may view your percentage of Pell Grant used by logging into NSLDS.ed.gov. Your ‘Lifetime Eligibility Used’ percentage will be displayed in the ‘Grants’ section.
Step-by-Step Guide to Trevecca’s
Financial Aid, Payment Options, and Refund Procedure
- If you are not using Financial Aid, skip to #3. If you are using Financial Aid, complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov, using Trevecca’s school code: 003526.
*It will take approximately 5-7 business days for Trevecca to receive your FAFSA information after it is submitted.
- Confirm with your Recruiter that your Social Security Number and Date of Birth are listed correctly on your Trevecca record. This information is needed in order to view your FAFSA.
- If you are not using Financial Aid, please notify us at SGCSFinancialServices@trevecca.edu.
- After your FAFSA has been received and processed, you will receive a request for more information or an emailed estimate of your expenses.
*If you are not using Financial Aid, you will still receive an emailed estimate of your expenses.
- If you have any questions about your first semester’s estimate and payment options, please follow up with the Financial Counselor that provided you with the estimate during step 4.
- After you are comfortable with all of your options, contact your Recruiter to complete your application and registration process.
*Once accepted, you will receive notification from Trevecca with your Trevecca Account information, including your username, password, and student ID.
**Skip to # 8 if you are not using Financial Aid.
- After you have been registered (your recruiter can provide the timing of registration), an email will be sent to your new Trevecca email account with directions to finalize your aid.
*Sample email below:
The Office of Financial Aid has completed your financial aid award.
- Please go to https://tnu4u.trevecca.edu and access Webadvisor/Financial Aid to accept or decline your aid.
- Review cost information by going to the Graduate and Adult Studies Tuition Rates located at TNU4U > Finances > Student Financial Services > Financial Aid & Scholarships.
- First-time Stafford Loan borrowers must complete 1) Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note AND 2) Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling. Both items may be completed at www.studentloans.gov.
- Log into your Tuition Management Systems account at www.trevecca.afford.com with your student login information. (You will be asked to enter your profile the first time you log in.) From here you have access to the following features:
- Account Summary Data – available 24/7 with real time updates
- Account Activity – also available 24/7 with real time updates
- One-time payment option
- Enrollment in a 6-month payment plan
- Ability to share account access
- Ability to select your refund preference
NOTE: Steps 7 & 8 are extremely important prior to attending your first day of class.
Questions? Please contact us at SGCSFinancialServices@trevecca.edu.