Overview of Position
The Engagement Officer for Conferences and Events is responsible for leading the Conferences and Events team which plans and coordinates the details of university and external events. The Engagement Officer for Conferences and Events is a full-time, 12-month, exempt position that reports to the Vice President for University Engagement.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
As part of University Engagement, the Office of Conferences and Event engages with constituents through high-quality events that build engagement, support the mission, and provide a source of revenue. Events are the outward facing view of Trevecca to our community.
- Serve as a member of the University Engagement team.
- Develop and maintain the policies and procedures for the Office of Conferences and Events
- Strategize with campus offices in the planning and production of events and assist with obtaining resources to help accomplish the event goals.
- Oversee the booking and coordinate facilities/resource use for all inside and outside events using Ad Astra software.
- Coordinate with academic program calendar needs.
- Work in collaboration with plant operations, AV, environmental services, and catering for event set up, event occurrence, clean up and tear down.
- Recruit, train, and lead a team of students, interns and graduate assistants for the purpose of conferences and events coordination.
- Execute all event details (billing, paperwork, work orders, set-up requests, catering needs, decor, etc.)
- Coordinate with the Marketing team to ensure that Trevecca’s brand is communicated positively at every event and promoted to various audiences.
- Manage and maintain online events calendar through SharePoint.
- Approves all room requests for on-campus facilities.
- Work in conjunction with Trevecca Community COTN for use of church facilities, when needed.
- Additional duties that may be required or assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree and three years related experience. Proficient with Word, Excel and other digital event software. Highly organized and a stickler for details and hospitality. Adaptable, problem-solving, people-pleasing personality. Understanding and experience in the higher education environment a plus. Must be willing to work evenings and weekends, when needed. Flexibility to work remotely for some hours. Can express a mature Christian testimony and communicate and support the merits of a Wesleyan theological heritage in Christian education.
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter and resume to PCooning@trevecca.edu.