Office of University Engagement
University Mission Statement
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian community providing education for leadership and service.
The Engagement Specialist for Events and Strategic Initiatives is responsible for helping to plan and execute the details of university and external events as part of the Events and Strategic Initiatives team which plans and coordinates the details of university and external events. In addition, this role works with the student PR and SMT teams as they serve admissions and church engagement programs. The engagement specialist is a full-time exempt position that reports to the engagement officer for events and strategic initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversees and coordinates Experience Trevecca Days (preview days), as well as other campus events designed to recruit students.
• Works collaboratively to ensure all events that require an Admissions presence are appropriately scheduled, resourced, and coordinated.
• Serves as event planner for major events such as McClurkan Day, Latino Achievers events, TNT, Mission Nashville, NYC, Yes Conference, Camp Electric, etc.
• Manages expenses and maintains budget as appropriate for major events.
• Works with the Engagement Officer for Events and Strategic Initiatives and Nazarene Admissions Counselor to oversee the PR Music Groups and select the Summer Ministry Teams (SMTs).
• Direct supervision and direction of the SES (Student Events Squad) and student workers.
• Oversight and management of the PR group calendars, bookings, and auditions/interviews.
• Oversight of the expense reports and budget for PR/SMT/TNT Production
• Management of the PR group marketing initiatives and merch (recordings, social media, etc.)
• Coordinate room bookings, scheduling, vehicles, and travel needs for groups as needed.
• Coordinate all communication with site contacts re: marketing and needs of groups.
• Occasional travel to help manage the events and groups.
• Coordinate room bookings, scheduling, vehicles, and development events as needed.
• Coordinate all communication with site contacts and vendors in conjunction with the director.
• Occasional travel to help manage the events and research/development for strategic initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree and two years of related experience with event management. Proficient with Word, Excel and other digital event software. Customer service focused and highly relational. Experience in higher education is helpful, but not required. Must be willing to work evenings and weekends, when needed. Flexibility to work remotely for some hours. Can express a mature Christian testimony and communicate and support the merits of a Wesleyan theological heritage in Christian education. Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter and resume to MLDiehl@trevecca.edu.
Please no agencies or telephone calls