Each day we shall start with a prayer for safe travel and a brief devotional thought on the bus, as well as, some of your favorite hymns….yes, I said ‘hymns’!
Our forthcoming trip to Savannah and Charleston, plus so much more packed into these historical settings is quickly approaching. Our team consists of Nancy Dunlap, Director of Trevecca’s Alumni Engagement Office, Gary Streit, historian and Melvin Welch as your travel connectors. As our group is finalized there may be other Trevecca personnel joining our group.
Below is a brief schedule:
Sunday, September 17:
- Depart from Trevecca (Nashville) at 7:00 a.m
- Lunch/supper (on your own but eat together)
- Arrive in Savannah, GA
Monday, September 18:
- Breakfast at Hampton Inn (each morning)
- Trolley tour of Savannah
- River walk and lunch at the famous Pirate’s House
- Leave for Charleston Monday afternoon
Tuesday, September 19:
- Carriage tour, visiting historic areas of this beautiful city of church steeples
- The ‘Market Place’ will be yours to spend time, have lunch on your own, places to have coffee, pastries or shopping
- Dinner at Hyman’s Seafood, one of the popular places to eat in Charleston
- Visiting Charleston Harbor, and the Angel Tree
Wednesday, September 20:
- Continue our tour of many sights in Charleston to include the Citadel, and a plantation you will long remember
- Lunch (on your own)
- Dinner/supper at the Paige Okra Grill in Mount Pleasant
- Enjoy the “Sounds of Charleston” 90-minutes (gospel, Gershwin, Jazz, Civil War camp songs and more) presented in the historic Circular Congregational Church
Thursday, September 21:
- Depart Charleston for Nashville, arriving home early evening.
During our bus ride, you will find the opportunity to enjoy trying to win mystery gifts, playing games of laughter and fun, enjoying snacks and drinks on the bus provided by Alumni Office and much more. On our departure morning of Sunday, you will enjoy, coffee and/or juice, special pastries and snacks as a part of the trip – Thanks to Alumni Office. To make our trip more pleasant, we will stop at rest stops every 1 ½ hours; however, the bus has a restroom. In addition, the bus has individual seat connections for iPhone, iPad, etc.
Trip costs: $999.00 per person double; $1280.00 single; $919.00 per person triple
Each night will be spent at a Hampton Inn with breakfast provided. Lunch at Pirate’s House, Supper/dinner at Hyman’s; supper/dinner at Paige Okra Grill, trolley (Savannah/Charleston) tours, carriage tours, concert (Sounds of Charleston) are a part of the trip package.
Thank you for considering and email Melvin Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org for other information.