The tour is currently at capacity, but we'd be happy to add you to the waiting list.
Each day of our trip will begin with a devotional and prayer. Along the way, as we travel, the singing of the hymns, game playing, sharing, and mystery gifts of great value and fun help make the trip so much more interesting and fun.
Below is a brief schedule:
Friday, October 12:
- Depart from Trevecca (Nashville) at 2 p.m.
- Travel to Wytheville, Virginia
Saturday, October 13:
- 7:30 a.m. departure for Winchester, Virginia with arrival prior to noon.
- This is the home of Dr. Gary Streit, our daily narrator/historian, so expectations are HIGH!
- Sightseeing of old Courthouse, photo stop at the home of Patsy Cline, Museum of Shenandoah Valley, shopping and so much more. Early evening, we depart for the greater Washington, DC area for lodging.
Sunday and Monday, October 14-15:
- Sightseeing in Washington on Sunday will include the Changing of the Guard, Arlington National Cemetery, Washington National Cathedral, Embassy Row and Monuments.
- After check-in Old Alexandria, Virginia, lodging for Sunday and Monday evening and during the early Sunday evening, we enjoy dinner at Bugsy’s Pizza (included in trip package) in downtown Alexandria, plus Ghost Tour.
- Then, we shall ride through DC viewing the majestic, spectacular lighting of monuments and historic buildings.
Monday and Tuesday, October 15-16:
- Our visit and tours of the White House and Capitol will be a priority on Monday schedule.
- For your information, THESE require prior approval through a Tennessee Senator which has been initiated properly.
- Security issues are time consuming and much more thorough than ever before.
- Open option for visiting Smithsonian Museum if time permits.
- Departure from Washington, DC on Tuesday, no later than 11:00 a.m. for our trip to Richmond, Virginia where we spend the final night. We have two special events for this final afternoon of sightseeing being scheduled and finalized. These you should enjoy very much. Dinner in the evening is a part of your trip package.
Wednesday, October 17:
- Departure at 7:30 a.m. for Nashville, Tennessee.
In addition, we have reservations at the newly opened Museum of the Bible, 430,00 square-foot Building providing an immersive and personalized experience as you embrace the impact of the Bible, the Narrative of the Bible, the World of Jesus of Nazareth (a theatrical showcase of murals, streetscapes about Jesus’ teachings), and the magnificent work of renowned Sculptor Gib Singleton describing the last hour of Jesus’s life. This should be an incredible experience for all of us but with the size of the building and displays, you will be responsible for your own use of time during our 2 ½ hour time (possibly a little more). Admission fee a part of the trip package.
Cost: $920.00 per person for double; $1,204.00 single
Breakfast will be eaten at the motel each morning before departure.
Wise Coach Line PREMIUM Bus provides each of you with IPhone/IPad connections at each seat. Our bus host/hostess will be at your service. Rest stops are scheduled approximately 1½ hours during our travel time daily.
A significant number have already tentatively indicated their desire to join us on this trip. Thank you for considering and email Melvin Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org for other information or with any questions that you may have.