International Admissions Counselor
University Mission Statement
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian community providing education for leadership and service.
Trevecca Nazarene University is a diverse and global campus with students representing more than 35 nations. To continue strong enrollment growth, we are seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly capable sales professional for international student recruitment. This position will serve as primary recruiter and admissions counselor for traditional undergraduate international students, and will also support the Office of Graduate & Adult Education by promoting graduate programs in international markets.
The right candidate is driven, goal-oriented, relational, organized, collaborative and supportive of Trevecca’s Christ-centered focus and denominational stance. The right candidate demonstrates superior interpersonal skills, as well as excellent time management and strong written and verbal communication skills.
This position is a full-time (12-month) exempt position. This position works on campus, not remotely.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in international travel and cross-cultural communication required
- Sales experience helpful, but not required
- Experience in higher education is helpful, but not required
- Fluency in a 2nd language, preferably Spanish, is helpful, but not required
Key Results Areas
- Expand the university’s success by meeting enrollment goals.
- Deliver excellent customer service and hospitality to prospective students and their families.
- Drive ongoing communication to prospect pool, successfully moving prospective students and applicants through the admission process.
- Follow designated processes as prompted by CRM (Recruit) for effective/productive communication and recruiting.
The Admissions Counselor has reporting responsibilities to the Associate Vice President for Graduate & Adult Enrollment as well the Director of Traditional Undergraduate Admissions. Additional collaboration is needed across campus, including with the following positions:
- Vice President for Traditional Undergraduate Admissions
- Assistant Director of Admissions
- Assistant Director of Admissions for New Student Financial Aid
- Director of University Enrollment Systems
- Other Admissions/Enrollment Counselors
- New Student Financial Aid Counselors
- Office Manager & Hospitality Coordinator
This position will contribute significantly to the success of the university by fulfilling the following responsibilities.
- Manages and performs recruitment activities to achieve targeted enrollment goals.
- Develops and maintains relationships with high schools, international partners, educational partners and church leaders with the goal of widening the pool of prospective students.
- Provides input/feedback into the development of marketing materials to drive the Trevecca brand internationally
- Visits and makes presentations to groups and / or individuals at external locations, both abroad and in the US, including high schools, churches and other organizations.
- Travels to recruiting events as assigned, sometimes internationally
- Coordinates webinars and hosts group visits from their designated recruiting territory.
- Provides advice, guidance and assistance to students, parents, guidance counselors and others related to the enrollment and admissions processes. Seeks to help remove barriers to enrollment as they arise.
- Provides information on academic programs and admission eligibility requirements, follows designated recruiting tasks, and keeps detailed documentation of recruitment communication and records for compliance.
- Utilize global communication tools such as Zoom and WhatsApp to communicate with international students and stakeholders. This position spends a significant amount of time communicating with prospective students via phone, video conference, and text/email.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities Required
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to travel as needed. Ability to work on campus Monday – Friday, 8:00AM to 4:30pm with some evenings/weekends required as needed.
- Works effectively with diverse populations.
- Builds strong partnerships and executes on outstanding customer service
- Analyzes and solves problems in order to make independent evaluative judgments.
- Performs complex tasks and prioritizes multiple tasks with skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by an individual assigned to this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.
Trevecca offers a competitive benefits package, including health care and paid holidays. Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please no agencies or telephone calls