Institutional Research Analyst
University Mission Statement
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian community providing education for leadership and service.
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Research, the IR Analyst collects, validates, and reports a variety of institutional data and findings in the form of data tables, data visualizations, presentations, and reports. In collaboration with the Director of Institutional Research, the analyst is responsible for ensuring data quality, will help maintain the office’s historical data, complete and submit mandated/compliance reports/surveys, and may also assist with institution wide surveys.
Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, statistics, business, higher education administration, or a related field with statistics and research methods course work.
1-3 years’ experience working in data analysis, and/or research design, and handling large datasets.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Thorough knowledge of data systems, databases, reporting, and data and information management.
The position also requires a high level of accuracy, extraordinary attention to detail, solid proofreading skills, ability to prioritize workflow and multi-task, adherence to deadlines and to ethical and legal standards in institutional research.
Preference given to individuals possessing a strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables, Index Match, VLOOKUP, and conditional formatting.
- Manage university-wide reporting strategies to fulfill requests for institutional data and analysis from both internal and external parties.
- Balance the need to respond to data requests with the goal of proactively providing data and analysis, and identifying patterns/trends, for decision-making.
- Complete external reports, which include but are not limited to IPEDS, Church of the Nazarene, the State of Tennessee, TICUA, SACSCOC, AAUP, CUPA, and other agencies that provide university data to prospective students.
- Compile, disseminate, and maintain the data needs for program review by the Academic Council
- Support academic deans, department chairs, and program directors with data requests and proactively work to develop plans and address these needs.
Terms of Employment
Part-time 12-month position: Hourly rate
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. The principal duties and responsibilities enumerated are all essential job functions.
Christian Faith and Trevecca Employment
The candidate for this position must maintain a lifestyle in agreement with the Trevecca Nazarene University Statement of Mission, Faith, and Lifestyle Covenant
Trevecca is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. It reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Section 702-703, U.S. Civil Rights Act of 1964). Top candidates demonstrate a strong commitment to the Christian faith, active participation in a local Church, and a philosophy of Christian higher education consistent with the University’s Wesleyan tradition.
Interested parties who agree with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Label email subject line: Institutional Research Analyst Position
Please no agencies or telephone calls