Academic Services Support Specialist
Office of Graduate and Adult Education
University Mission Statement
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian community providing education for leadership and service.
The School of Graduate and Adult Studies seeks an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to fill the Academic Services Support Specialist role. As an integral part of our academic services team, the specialist must be adaptable and flexible in handling various tasks and responsibilities within the department. The Academic Services Support Specialist will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends to ensure students and faculty receive timely assistance and support during important university functions and events.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Office management
- Meeting and event planning, facilitation, operation
- Strategic planning
- Effective communication
- Attention to detail
- Customer-service orientation
- Commitment to work assigned nights and weekends for events
- Assist in the logistical coordination and facilitation for all GRAE and doctoral program events, including convocations, the intensified summer residency experience (ISLE), recruiting functions, commencement activities, bi-yearly nontraditional faculty trainings, and other doctoral and academic-related functions
- Assist the SSB Associate Provost and Dean, SOLIS Dean, and EdD Onsite Program Director with meeting coordination, document preparation, report processing, calendar management, written minute recording and submission, and follow-up procedures
- Maintain syllabi collection for all GRAE programs for SACSCOC accreditation
- Serve as the GNPC Secretary by managing proposal collection, coordinating meeting technologies, recording extensive written minutes, and finalizing reports
- Serve as liaison for all EdD students and doctoral faculty
- Prepare signature pages for EdD and DBA students completing their dissertation
- Schedule all Panopto class recordings for all professors, both full-time and adjunct instructors, who meet in Boone Business Building
- Perform financial transactions of assembling check requests, comparing and negotiating vendor costs, compiling expenditure invoices and reports, and tracking receipts
- Collaborate with campus departments and offices on doctoral-related tasks and issues
- Facilitate coordination with third-party contractors for event purchasing needs
- Aid in the administration of front office functions, including guest inquiries, communications, inventory control, and opening/closing duties
- Other duties as assigned
The Academic Services Support Specialist must uphold the university's commitment to academic excellence and service to its students and faculty. The position requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a customer service-oriented approach. If you are a dedicated professional who aligns with our university's mission and possesses the required qualifications, we welcome your application to join our team at Trevecca Nazarene University.
You can email your resume and cover letter to Pam Costa, PCosta@trevecca.edu (Label email subject line: Academic Services Support Specialists Candidate).
Please no agencies or telephone calls