The Circulation Supervisor manages the daily operations of the library’s circulation desk and supervises service desk student workers during daytime hours. This is a full-time position, and the hours are primarily 7:30 am – 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. This position reports to the Director of Library Services.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to work both independently and collegially in a changing environment.
- Excellent organizational, technological, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Interest in and ability to manage and lead student workers.
- Must be confident in learning and using work-related technology applications.
- Must be customer-service focused and able to successfully resolve problems.
- In coordination with the Director of Library Services and other library personnel, hires, manages, trains, and maintains responsibility for service desk student workers during daytime hours; Assigns and oversees tasks and projects given to student workers.
- Opens the library Monday through Friday (library opens at 8:00 am).
- Handles recurring circulation tasks.
- Maintains order and organization at the circulation desk and the circulation work area.
- Assists patrons at the circulation desk when student assistants are unable or unavailable to assist.
- Maintains and requests service for library equipment, including printers and a laminator; Orders supplies as necessary.
- Maintains the physical library collections by assigning students to shelf read and straighten shelves.
- Organizes and oversees building and administrative functions for the library under the supervision of the Director of Library Services.
- Staffs research services during designated times each week and also as needed; Assists patrons with basic research assistance or refers patrons to faculty librarians.
- Performs additional services as requested by the Director of Library Services.
Terms of Employment
This is an hourly, non-exempt, 12-month position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. The principal duties and responsibilities enumerated are all essential job functions.
Christian Faith and Trevecca Employment
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Label email subject line: Circulation Supervisor Position