Trevecca Nazarene University is growing its undergraduate enrollment. We are seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly capable graduate assistant who can advance the Traditional Undergraduate Admissions Office’s efforts in recruiting students. This is a part-time position, which excludes benefits.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Preference will be given to Trevecca alumni, but not required.
Graduate Assistant Position Details
- Provides direct support for the Director by whom they are hired.
- Helps admissions with various needs, giving tours, answering the phones, etc.
- Provides advice, guidance and assistance to students, parents, and others related to the enrollment and admissions processes.
- Assists Director in managing PR bands throughout the year by booking hotels or rental cars, managing spending, and completing paperwork: SEAFs, stipends, excused absence forms, etc.
- Assists Director in managing the special team’s student workers.
- Completes administrative tasks given by the Director.
- Assists with the planning and execution of Admissions events: Experience Trevecca Day, McClurkan Day, TNT, and Prep Weeks are events that are specific to the Director’s responsibility. The GA and Director will also be responsible for the support of other campus events including Encounter, New Student Check-in, Orientation, President's Dinner, Homecoming, Christmas on the Hill, and Commencement.
Skills & Abilities Required
- Basic knowledge Microsoft: Email, Excel, Word, and SharePoint
- Understanding of PR, SMT, and Southeast Field
- Organized with paperwork, meetings, and emails.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve and pivot when needed during events.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by an individual assigned to this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties. Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter and resume to Mysty Diehl (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Graduate Assistant Compensation
- On campus housing is provided if available.
- Online Master’s degree tuition remission provided for these programs: (Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Organizational Leadership (MOL), Master of Arts in Religion, Master of Science in Instructional Design & Technology (MSIDT)
- $12 hourly rate – Maximum hours per week 29.5