Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing morning safety inspection and cleaning of assigned zone and/or other park areas as directed by Lead Groundskeeper. Adheres to grounds daily inspection check list. Required to immediately notify supervisor of any existing safety concerns.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned school landscape and/or lawn areas. Requires weeding, mulching, fertilizing, seeding, pruning etc. Ensures that trees are in a healthy condition and notifies supervisor of any safety concern.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to interact professionally with both staff and visitors.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks in an organized and efficient manner.
- Ability to operate efficiently and safely small, medium, and heavy equipment and tools required for the execution of assigned tasks.
- Ability to perform skilled landscape, lawn, and general park maintenance.
- Ability to responsibly use and maintain assigned tools and equipment.
Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent is required. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Must be able to work outside year-round in inclement weather conditions such as extreme high/low temperatures, snow, and rain conditions. Must be able to work on his or her feet for extended periods of time and have the ability to bend, stoop, and extend oneself etc., as required for performing assigned tasks. Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a current resume to BRWalker@trevecca.edu Label email subject line: Horticulturist