Marketing Photographer Graduate Assistant
Office of Marketing and Communications
Are you a talented photographer looking to pursue higher education while honing your skills behind the lens? We have an exciting opportunity on our dynamic marketing team for a Graduate Assistant Photographer. In this role, you will have the chance to capture the essence of our institution through a variety of settings, from indoor and outdoor events to promotional shoots, headshots, campus candids and portraits. Your photographs will play a vital role in promoting our university and showcasing the vibrant experiences and achievements of our students, faculty and alumni.
University Mission Statement
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian community providing education for leadership and service.
This position will report directly to the Art Director for Marketing and Communications as a part of the overall Marketing and Communications team. The Graduate Assistant (GA) will assist in the general marketing photography efforts of the university.
- Utilize your expertise in off-camera and studio lighting techniques to produce visually stunning photographs.
- Manage Trevecca’s digital asset management system, ensuring proper photo storage, delivery and tagging for effective marketing purposes.
- Collaborate closely with a team of student photographers, providing guidance and support to equip our marketing, design, social, and web teams with compelling visual content. Provide training for student photographers as needed.
- Work closely and collaboratively with our videographer on a daily basis, partnering for shoots as necessary to create cohesive multimedia content.
- Maintain a flexible schedule, accommodating evening or weekend duties as needed to capture important events and activities.
- Stay up to date on the latest advancements in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, particularly Lightroom and Photoshop, as they will be essential tools in your post-processing workflow.
- A passion for photography and a desire to further your education while practicing your craft
- A strong portfolio that showcases your technical skills and creative vision
- Excellent communication skills for interacting effectively with subjects that include administrators, faculty, staff and students
- Proficiency in off-camera and studio lighting techniques
- Experience with digital asset management systems for photo organization and delivery
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to effectively coordinate photo shoots and meet deadlines
- A background in documentary and portrait photography; we value diverse perspectives and artistic approaches
- A collaborative mindset and the ability to work well in a team environment
- The flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, particularly Lightroom and Photoshop
- Preference will be given to a motivated self-starter with a positive attitude—someone who will take initiative in scheduling and planning photo shoots, and will actively contribute creative ideas to enhance our marketing campaigns
The GA is expected to work up to 29.5 hours per week and must be in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca. Some travel, weekend and evening hours may be required.
How to Apply
If you're excited about the opportunity to combine your passion for photography with higher education, please email your cover letter, resume and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can't wait to see your work and learn more about your artistic journey.
- On-campus housing provided (if applicable)
- Tuition remission (excluding Physician Assistant and Graduate Counseling programs)
- Monthly stipend
Please no agencies or telephone calls