The Content Marketing Specialist works closely with the Content Team and the Digital Team in Trevecca’s Marketing Department to create and deliver effective marketing content across owned and paid properties including the Trevecca website, digital advertising, social media and email as needed.
This position will report to both the Director of Digital Marketing and Manager of Content.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Play a strategic role in writing and managing marketing content, both digital and print, within the marketing department.
- Work with the Marketing team to support general marketing, lead generation, and brand initiatives through the creation and execution of content plans that apply both unique ideas and existing content across digital and print collateral.
- Direct and serve as primary author of conversion-focused marketing content across paid and organic experiences (program pages, landing pages, etc.)
- Coordinate university’s digital editorial calendar with the Digital Publicist and Manager of Content.
- Use metrics and analytics to help shape content strategy.
- Work with the Manager of Content to assist in gathering stories from Trevecca faculty, staff, students and alumni to disseminate to University content channels.
- Assist marketing team with brainstorming, marketing and advertising strategies
- Drive adoption of accessibility best practices across all digital content in the Marketing Department. Assist accessibility efforts in other departments as needed.
- Deliver content in the Trevecca voice and tone suitably applied across channels.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate VP of Marketing and Communication
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience in marketing
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills.
- Continuous drive to learn and improve
- Working knowledge of relevant technologies (HTML, CSS, etc.)
- General knowledge of web content management systems. Experience with Hubspot or Expression Engine is beneficial.
- Knowledge of best practices for SEO, SEM, and traffic generation
- Knowledge of current and emerging metadata and usability standards
- Experience using reporting and analytics to improve marketing performance of content
- Day-to-day familiarity with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, etc.), Social Management tools (Sprout Social preferred), and Email Providers (Emma, etc.)
- Day-to-Day familiarity with Basecamp for task and project management.
- Familiarity with common social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and how to create content for those platforms
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Must be extremely organized, goal-oriented and have a clear understanding of the Christian liberal arts setting.
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter, resume and writing samples to:
Please no agencies or telephone calls.