Trevecca Nazarene University (Nashville, TN) invites applications for the full-time, salaried position of Head Athletic Trainer. The primary function of the position is to develop, coordinate and administer comprehensive sports medicine coverage for fifteen (15) intercollegiate athletic programs (NCAA D-II).
Head Athletic Trainer
Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
- 2 - Assistant Athletic Trainers
- 1 - Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer
- Education: Bachelor's degree in appropriate area of specialization.
- Certificate/License: Certified by NATABOC, eligible for Tennessee Athletic Training Licensure (must have state licensure prior to treating athletes), Valid First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Preferred: Master’s degree, Experience with strength and conditioning, Active membership in NATA, Certified First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor, Experience in leadership and supervisory role, Demonstrated spiritual leadership role
- Be a spiritual leader to the Trevecca student-athletes. Understand the Trevecca mission/values and live within the Christian expectations of the University.
- Develop overall sports medicine coverage for the Trevecca athletics department including: injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, educational programs and holistic health approaches for student-athletes.
- Manage and maintain the athletic training room, including implementation of hours, policies and procedures, equipment maintenance, and supply inventory.
- Coordinate athletic training staff for Trevecca athletics, including coverage of all team practices and home and away competitions. Cover all practices and games (home and away) for your assigned sports.
- Coordinate and schedule physical examinations and medical referrals for student-athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete.
- Responsible for the formation of the Trevecca athletic training staff, including hiring, training and supervision of two (2) assistant athletic trainers and one (1) graduate assistant athletic trainer.
- Work in conjunction with coaches and the strength and conditioning coach to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual student-athlete needs.
- Serve as the athletics department’s NCAA designated primary healthcare administrator.
- Oversee the athletics department’s partnership with its medical services provider.
- Evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment that would enhance the benefit of the athletic training program.
- Assist/Communicate with Athletics Insurance Coordinator.
- Maintain all documentation related to medical information, insurance claims, physical examinations, drug testing program (Trevecca and NCAA), and emergency action plan.
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian, private, liberal arts university located in Nashville, Tennessee. Trevecca is a member of NCAA Division II with 15 athletic teams participating in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (G-MAC). For more information about the Trevecca athletics department, see our website at www.tnutrojans.com.
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter, resume and references to:
Mark Elliott – Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
Please no agencies or telephone calls.