University Mission Statement
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian community providing education for leadership and service.
Trevecca’s Physician Assistant Program is currently seeking a highly motivated team player with exceptional organization skills for a full time 12-month non-tenured faculty position serving as a Clinical Faculty member. The Clinical Faculty member will serve with the program’s clinical team and report to the Clinical Director. The Clinical Faculty member responsibilities will include assisting the Clinical Director and clinical team with managing the logistical demands of the PA program within its clinical phase operation.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Assist with the acquisition and maintenance of professional relationships with affiliated medical facilities and providers to ensure our program has an adequate inventory of clinical rotation sites that provide quality clinical experiences for PA program students
- Assist with developing strategic plans for site recruitment, clinical curriculum development and mapping, PA student development, assessments and advising
- Assist with the supervision of clinical site activities, including student - site schedules, clinical site development, and preceptor compliance with PA program’s published standards
- Conduct clinical sites visits to evaluate clinical student progress, the quality of clinical sites and preceptors
- Participate in End of Rotation activities and assessments
- Facilitate the delivery of program expectations and standards to clinical sites and preceptors prior to the initiation of affiliation and/or preceptor agreements
- Provide advising, mentoring and counseling to assigned PA students
- Assist with instructing both clinical and didactic phase students
- Assist in the development and implementation of OSCEs, Formative Assessments and Summative Assessments
- Assist in reviewing and interviewing program applicants as a part of the admissions process
- Under the direction of the Program Director and/or Clinical Director, serve as a liaison for the Program in interactions and correspondence with other departments within TNU and outside agencies
- Participate in the PA Program’s continuous self-assessment process and efforts involving the maintenance of the Program’s ARC-PA accreditation
- Participate in University functions and support as requested
- Actively serve on program and university committees, and participate in local, state regional and national professional activities and organizations
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program or equivalent health care experience
- Current NCCPA certification or equivalent health care certification
- Hold or be eligible for TN licensure
- Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical and report writing skills)
- Experience with computerized learning management systems (preferred)
- Prior sales or marketing experience (preferred)
- Ability to travel
- Ability to create positive relationships with the PA Program’s diverse spectrum of stakeholders
- Ability to work non-standard hours, to include evenings and weekends as needed
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Trevecca Nazarene University and the TNU Physician Assistant Program.
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter and resume to:
Please no agencies or telephone calls.
About Trevecca Nazarene University
A Christian University in the heart of Nashville, Tennessee, Trevecca is a private evangelical university whose mission is to provide education for leadership and service for its approximately 3,600 undergraduate and graduate students. Trevecca seeks to hire dynamic Christians who are professionally qualified and are committed to the educational mission of the university and its lifestyle expectations.