Research and Instruction Librarian
University Mission Statement
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian community providing education for leadership and service.
The Research and Instruction Librarian provides library instruction to on-campus and online students as well as provides leadership in the design and delivery of library research services. This full-time position requires 40 hours of work each week, including some evening and weekend availability. This position reports to the Director of Library Services.
• MLS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited library program required.
• Ability to work both independently and collegially in a changing environment.
• Excellent organizational, technological, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Interest in and ability to provide library reference services and assistance to a wide variety of faculty and students in multiple formats.
• Previous library experience, especially in providing reference services and/or library instruction.
• Plans, prepares, and conducts information literacy sessions primarily with undergraduate on-campus students.
• Oversees library research services, serving as the library research liaison for campus-led traditional research initiatives.
• Creates and implements research services training for library personnel.
• Meets with students individually to provide research guidance and assistance either in person, on the phone, or through chat or video conferencing software.
• Creates library research guides, online tutorials, and training modules.
• Performs additional services as requested by the Director of Library Services.
Terms of Employment
This is a full-time, 12-month, faculty-administrator position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. The principal duties and responsibilities enumerated are all essential job functions.
Salary and fringe benefits to be established by the University.
Christian Faith and Trevecca Employment
The candidate for this position must maintain a lifestyle in agreement with the Trevecca Nazarene University Statement of Mission, Faith, and Lifestyle Covenant.
Trevecca is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. It reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Section 702-703, U.S. Civil Rights Act of 1964). Top candidates demonstrate a strong commitment to the Christian faith, active participation in a local Church, and a philosophy of Christian higher education consistent with the University’s Wesleyan tradition.
Trevecca Nazarene University’s Diversity Statement
Committed to its vital mission of being a Christian community providing education for leadership and service, Trevecca Nazarene University is committed to building Christian compassion among people of all races, sex, age, color, creed, gender, or national or ethnic origins. We seek to reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the body of Christ in our faculty, staff, administration, and students. Our goal is to provide a learning and work environment of belonging, free from all forms of discrimination, harassment, and anything that would diminish the dignity, impede the academic freedom, or negatively impact the quality of life of any member of our Trevecca community. Additionally, we are committed to providing equal and equitable opportunities for all members of our campus community, and seek to recruit and retain highly qualified, mission-aligned faculty and staff from diverse and underrepresented groups. Women and persons of diverse ethnicities are especially encouraged to apply.
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter and current resume to Afowler@trevecca.edu and complete the Faculty/Administrator Application for Employment.
Label email subject line: Research and Instruction Librarian Position
Please no agencies or telephone calls