University Mission Statement
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian community providing education for leadership and service.
The Social Work Program at Trevecca Nazarene University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position for Social Work Field Education Director and faculty member beginning August 15, 2022. The Field Director’s responsibilities include securing practicum field placement sites, aiding students in selecting appropriate field placements, and offering consistent support to students and Field Instructors throughout the practicum experience. This support includes but is not limited to: Conducting site visits, leading Field Instructor trainings, and hosting the Senior Field Celebration. Serving as the Field Director also involves helping students transition out of practicum and into their next professional endeavors through leading a senior retreat each spring, offering resume-writing and interview skills, and serving as a reference and resource for job searching. Developing and maintaining working relationships with social workers at local agencies is a vital aspect of this position. In addition, the Field Education Director’s teaching load includes Senior Seminar, Introduction to Community Practice, Working with Individuals, and Working with Groups. Other courses may also be part of the academic load. This position requires a teaching load of 18 hours per year (with 6 hours of course release for Field Director responsibilities per year). All full-time social work faculty are responsible for participating in Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accreditation activities including annual reporting, program evaluation, and re-affirmation activities per the accreditation calendar. Full-time faculty also engage in student advising, ongoing research, and curriculum development.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have strong Christian testimony and an unwavering commitment to Christ-centered teaching and learning
- Possess a master’s degree in Social Work from a CSWE-accredited program (doctorate preferred) and a minimum of two years post-MSW social work practice experience
- Exhibit a commitment to the profession of social work, social work education (including CSWE accreditation), and to serving marginalized populations
- Practice the core values of the social work profession as specified in the Social Work Code of Ethics
- Be dedicated to student success and belonging through engaged, positive, and inclusive pedagogy
- Demonstrate a commitment to anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion and to trauma- informed pedagogy
- Display the ability to form and maintain partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Occupy strong communication, interpersonal, and multi-tasking abilities
The ideal candidate may have the following qualifications:
- Experience in higher education is preferred, including teaching, program development, and/or administration, especially experience with the CSWE accreditation process and competencies
- Hold a current LCSW, LMSW, LSSW, or be eligible for licensure
- Have experience and expertise in working at the micro and mezzo levels of social work
- Have strong, existing relationships with the social work community in middle Tennessee
We seek and welcome candidate applications from historically underrepresented groups in social work education, such as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color), women, those living with disabilities, and veterans.
The mission of Trevecca’s social work program is to provide an integrated, generalist social work education based on Christian values. Our program promotes rigorous scholarship and deep personal growth for students in preparation for lives of leadership and service. The Social Work Program currently has between 50-60 students enrolled as majors. The Social Work faculty at TNU includes two full-time faculty member positions and two adjunct faculty members. The program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
Trevecca Nazarene University is an accredited private institution that exists to meet the educational needs of the Church of the Nazarene. Its academic programs are based on Christian values that promote scholarship, critical thinking, and meaningful worship for students in preparation for lives of leadership and service. The University is located on a beautiful and historic campus only minutes from downtown Nashville, Tennessee.
Interested parties who are in accordance with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy, statement of faith, official transcripts, and three letters of recommendation to: Allison M. Buzard, firstname.lastname@example.org. Links for the Nazarene Articles of Faith and the Christian Code of Conduct are attached for convenience.
To expedite a review, scanned copies of unofficial transcripts may be sent. All hard copies of hiring materials may be sent to:
Allison M. Buzard
Social Work Program Director & Assistant Professor Department of Social & Behavioral Sciences
Trevecca Nazarene University
333 Murfreesboro Pike
Nashville, TN 37210