University Mission Statement
Trevecca Nazarene University is a Christian community providing education for leadership and service.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Provides personal, equipment, and real property security in assigned area. Provides information, directions, and escort service as needed. May be assigned to a specific zone or geographical work area.
Second Shift (B):
- Tuesday-Saturday 3 p.m.-11 p.m.
- Off Days: Sunday & Monday
Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrols assigned areas on foot or in a vehicle to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Regulate state and local laws, and campus policies and rules, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- Provides escort services for students, staff, faculty, and visitors to ensure they arrive safely at their destination.
- Provides public assistance, including lockout services and information.
- Watches for and reports irregularities, such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked; sounds alarm in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Performs periodic checks of emergency call boxes and/or street lights to ensure proper functioning; reports malfunctions as required.
- Prepares routine, standardized reports.
- May be required to drive an institutional vehicle, providing safe and efficient transportation to University community and visitors.
- Provides security functions for special events, including traffic control, parking, etc.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
High school diploma or GED; no previous work experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to use basic computer word processing software.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to drive motor vehicles.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in utilizing building security and lock systems and procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Skill in providing protection services to individuals on campus.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local traffic laws and regulations governing the operation of a commercial passenger vehicle.
Conditions of Employment
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must be able to pass State of Tennessee certification and license exam
- Must submit to a drug test upon request.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the safe operation of issued firearm.
- Willing to work weekends and holidays as required
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
Pay and Benefits
- $17.50/hour with opportunities for overtime and holiday pay
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Tuition remission
How to Apply
Interested parties who are in agreement with the mission and values of Trevecca Nazarene University should send a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or agencies, please.